• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Reddit guy: Bryce Harper to the Dodgers?

rafibomb

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

To be fair, "groundskeeper" types (as in guys who just work there, arent anyone we have heard of) sometimes have good info. The olde "no one pays attention to them, so they talk amongst them" thing, like the janitor in breakfast club.

I read a case in law school about a janitor who, while taking out the garbage, learned that his company was on the verge of being acquired. Apparently this janitor also had a lot of cash saved up. He used that cash to buy shares in his own company, which soon skyrocketed upon the acquisition.

So yes, sometimes the groundskeepers know shit that nobody else knows.

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

I read a case in law school about a janitor who, while taking out the garbage, learned that his company was on the verge of being acquired. Apparently this janitor also had a lot of cash saved up. He used that cash to buy shares in his own company, which soon skyrocketed upon the acquisition.

So dumpster diving can payoff!

10 hours ago, wopphil said:

So he knows how to break the law. He seems to have the proper experience requirement. Looks like a prime candidate for the President's Chief of Staff.

16 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

One of the best episodes.

"No ones ever called me an adult before...ive been tried as one, but..." - Otto

I was just looking at quotes from that episode and you’re right. Truly great!

The Simpsons was always ahead of the times. I think @Geoff would agree with this sentiment.

Kent Brockman: Of course, it would be wrong to suggest this sort of mayhem began with rock-and-roll. After all, there were riots at the premiere of Mozart's "The Magic Flute." So, what's the answer? Ban all music? In this reporter’s opinion, the answer, sadly, is 'yes'.

For all the talk about the mega-contracts that Harper and Machado might receive and how that could set the floor for Trout...why isn't the opposite considered? What if Trout has already set the 'ceiling'?

Why can't owners/GMs point to Trout's current $34m AAV and argue there's no way either player is worth more than say, $30m, given that neither have come close to matching Trout's productivity?

If Machado comes in around 10/$250m, or Bryce around 10/$300m (surely there will be opt-outs) do they start becoming more realistic?

5 hours ago, Kevin said:

I was just looking at quotes from that episode and you’re right. Truly great!

The Simpsons was always ahead of the times. I think @Geoff would agree with this sentiment.

Kent Brockman: Of course, it would be wrong to suggest this sort of mayhem began with rock-and-roll. After all, there were riots at the premiere of Mozart's "The Magic Flute." So, what's the answer? Ban all music? In this reporter’s opinion, the answer, sadly, is 'yes'.

I havent watched the show in probably the last 15 years or so, but the first several seasons were hilarious, and still hold up. 

I downloaded a bunch to my tablet for a trip awhile back and vegged out on my flight. Even knowing them by heart I was still dying.

15 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I havent watched the show in probably the last 15 years or so, but the first several seasons were hilarious, and still hold up. 

I downloaded a bunch to my tablet for a trip awhile back and vegged out on my flight. Even knowing them by heart I was still dying.

I kind of lost interest after Conin O'Brien took his talents with him around the mid 1990s.

53 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Stopped watching after season nine. Show was freaking brilliant, witty, clever, and to be honest had a very subtle emotional side to it. 

Not that it really impacted the direction the show ended up but I felt after the death of Phil Hartman, it was just never the same.

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

For all the talk about the mega-contracts that Harper and Machado might receive and how that could set the floor for Trout...why isn't the opposite considered? What if Trout has already set the 'ceiling'?

Why can't owners/GMs point to Trout's current $34m AAV and argue there's no way either player is worth more than say, $30m, given that neither have come close to matching Trout's productivity?

If Machado comes in around 10/$250m, or Bryce around 10/$300m (surely there will be opt-outs) do they start becoming more realistic?

Trout signed his deal when he wasn't a free agent and after he'd played just two full seasons in the majors. Even though no one would argue that Machado-Harper are better than him, the different market circumstances dictate they should get more money. And then Trout will get more money than them, because his next deal will come much closer to potential free agency than his last one.

8 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Trout signed his deal when he wasn't a free agent and after he'd played just two full seasons in the majors. Even though no one would argue that Machado-Harper are better than him, the different market circumstances dictate they should get more money. And then Trout will get more money than them, because his next deal will come much closer to potential free agency than his last one.

are you hearing any numbers about Harper and Machado?