• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Reddit guy: Bryce Harper to the Dodgers?

rafibomb

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I havent watched the show in probably the last 15 years or so, but the first several seasons were hilarious, and still hold up. 

I downloaded a bunch to my tablet for a trip awhile back and vegged out on my flight. Even knowing them by heart I was still dying.

10 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I kind of lost interest after Conin O'Brien took his talents with him around the mid 1990s.

9 hours ago, Kevin said:

Stopped watching after season nine. Show was freaking brilliant, witty, clever, and to be honest had a very subtle emotional side to it. 

Not that it really impacted the direction the show ended up but I felt after the death of Phil Hartman, it was just never the same.

You guys should give the new season a couple views if you have nothing else on :) obviously not as good as the classic stuff but there’s been some pretty good ones that aired and some ones yet to air that are quite good. I think it’s more visually interesting and better drawn now so if nothing else, that’s cool to see (but there is a charm to the cel look that can’t be replaced)

15 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Trout signed his deal when he wasn't a free agent and after he'd played just two full seasons in the majors. Even though no one would argue that Machado-Harper are better than him, the different market circumstances dictate they should get more money. And then Trout will get more money than them, because his next deal will come much closer to potential free agency than his last one.

Right, I get that it was a different scenario since Trout wasn’t a FA, and since his AAV wasn’t $34m - but I wonder if the mega deals being forecasted may be hindered a bit because of what Trout is currently making. $35m AAV seems like it could be close to a maximum. Guess we’ll see though. 

I think these predictions of 12 and 14 year deals topping $400m are just unrealistic. Teams and player will be more creative before agreeing to anything simplistic. 

7 hours ago, kj_maestro said:

You guys should give the new season a couple views if you have nothing else on :) obviously not as good as the classic stuff but there’s been some pretty good ones that aired and some ones yet to air that are quite good. I think it’s more visually interesting and better drawn now so if nothing else, that’s cool to see (but there is a charm to the cel look that can’t be replaced)

Funny enough, once the animation changed (like AO said, around mid 90s, it wasnt the same).

Its pretty impressive that a show could make references to richard nixon, and people would get it, and years later make jokes about the kardashians, and people would get it....talk about a long run.

On 12/17/2018 at 10:46 AM, totdprods said:

For all the talk about the mega-contracts that Harper and Machado might receive and how that could set the floor for Trout...why isn't the opposite considered? What if Trout has already set the 'ceiling'?

Why can't owners/GMs point to Trout's current $34m AAV and argue there's no way either player is worth more than say, $30m, given that neither have come close to matching Trout's productivity?

If Machado comes in around 10/$250m, or Bryce around 10/$300m (surely there will be opt-outs) do they start becoming more realistic?

Love ya @totdprods but cocaine is a helluva drug!

On 12/14/2018 at 12:52 PM, Tyler said:

Literally a nightmare. Time to enjoy being the Clippers of this town. smfh

On 12/14/2018 at 1:25 PM, m0nkey said:

The player I love watching the most going to the team I hate the most

On 12/14/2018 at 1:41 PM, Second Base said:

Personally, I think this would be awesome!  Good for the Dodgers!  And Bryce Harper is coming back home to the West Coast.  Good for him.  Depending on the contract, VERY good for him. 

On 12/14/2018 at 3:12 PM, GrittyVeterans said:

Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox. The 3 teams that do whatever it takes to try to win every year

i hate them but am a bit jealous

On 12/14/2018 at 5:17 PM, beatlesrule said:

Kind of yes. Who else reported that they were even considering Bour or that they were close to a deal?  Who else reported that the Angels signed Bour 10 hours before it was announced to everyone? I mean, the source is 1 for 1 so far.  He predicted something no one else even hinted at.

On 12/14/2018 at 5:18 PM, beatlesrule said:

The Bour signing was announced 10 hours later so give it time.  If it's real, it will either happen tonight or over the weekend.

On 12/14/2018 at 6:45 PM, beatlesrule said:

True or he just has Socal sources. Maybe he is also friends with Harper. I mean he's one for one so far so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt right now.

Haha

I realize me not being opposed to Bryce Harper signing with the Dodgers isn't a popular opinion, but I don't dislike Harper or the Dodgers enough to care that much.  Harper is from the West Coast and him getting to return home is pretty cool, and he really seems to be someone that thrives on attention and playing for the Dodgers, he'll get a lot of attention.  It isn't a bad thing.