• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte's going to love this article...

Arod's second contract is much worse. It's for more money, he is missing a ton of games, he has admitted to using PED's. His team doesn't want him back. I'd say its worse.

Pujols is in the second year of his contract.

ARod is in the 6th year of his 2nd contract.

ARod was younger when his second contract started.

In the first year of his second contract, ARod's OPS was over 100 points higher than what Pujols was last year.

In his second year, his OPS was higher than Pujols' was last year.

In his third year, his OPS was essentially the same as Pujols' was last year.

In the second year of his contract, the Yankees won the World Series.

Let's make the call on whether his contract is "much" worse than Pujols' at the same point...which is May of 2017.

You're not considering era and inflation. Those arguments are always lame....like someone arguing these contracts to Ted Williams or Babe Ruth.

Interesting, according to Wikipedia Babe Ruth made $13.7 million (adjusted for inflation in 1931 dollars) over his entire career. That's a big difference compared to the contract they gave A-Rod. Then again I'm sure The Yankees weren't pulling in the kind of revenue they do presently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_paid_Major_League_Baseball_players

Not to derail the thread but I wonder what the average baseball game costs a fan to attend including tickets/food/beverages now compared to earlier decades adjusted for inflation.

Interesting, according to Wikipedia Babe Ruth made $13.7 million (adjusted for inflation in 1931 dollars) over his entire career. That's a big difference compared to the contract they gave A-Rod. Then again I'm sure The Yankees weren't pulling in the kind of revenue they do presently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_paid_Major_League_Baseball_players

Not to derail the thread but I wonder what the average baseball game costs a fan to attend including tickets/food/beverages now compared to earlier decades adjusted for inflation.

I don't know, but according to a comment at this site, in 1910 you could get a ham sandwich and two shots of whiskey at a major league stadium for $1.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100914143006AARNjtI

Why does Arte get smitten so much by one hit wonders (GMJHGH) or big performances (Ghost Pujols)?

Why is he so seemingly obsessed with passing up the Raviners for attention?

AO, I don't think the big performance comment is fair since you, yourself, advocated that the Angels get a "feared hitter". I do think that the decision to give Pujols the contract was motivated in some small part by the opportunity to bring a franchise name to Anaheim which, in turn, allowed Arte to execute his new FOX deal. I think they also hoped that Pujols would perform like traditional Pujols but alas....

Every time this team does bad all of these so called experts come out to bash the team. When the team does well you don't hear a word from them. As far as these experts they can all go to hell!!!!

Common sense would dictate that when things are going well there probably isn't too much to bash, and when things are bad, there are reasons to bash. But again, to me, that's just common sense.

At least nullify the last 6 seasons of the contract, if he is truly 6 years older than listed.   I'd GLADLY settle for that.

Maybe add in a little extra money since the contract is back loaded.

Then by after 2015, the long contracts are non-existant (Hamilton only having 2 years left) and they can then tie down the best Halos players like Trout.

I find it laughable that some people think they can tell how old someone is simply by looking at them; especially if you're trying to determine if they're only a couple years older.  C'mon!

At least nullify the last 6 seasons of the contract, if he is truly 6 years older than listed.   I'd GLADLY settle for that.

Maybe add in a little extra money since the contract is back loaded.

Then by after 2015, the long contracts are non-existant (Hamilton only having 2 years left) and they can then tie down the best Halos players like Trout.

There was actually some speculations on the trade rumor about this issue after Pujols made his statement about retiring early if he's no longer able to play at a high level. The theory is that Arte actually has an ace in the hole in the form of rock solid evidence that Pujols is actually older than claimed, and could potentially sue to get the contract voided on the basis of fraud. 

However, rather than avoid a lawsuit that would tarnish both the franchise and Pujols' personal reputation, Pujols has agreed to the early retirement option as a way for both parties to save face. 

There was actually some speculations on the trade rumor about this issue after Pujols made his statement about retiring early if he's no longer able to play at a high level. The theory is that Arte actually has an ace in the hole in the form of rock solid evidence that Pujols is actually older than claimed, and could potentially sue to get the contract voided on the basis of fraud. 

However, rather than avoid a lawsuit that would tarnish both the franchise and Pujols' personal reputation, Pujols has agreed to the early retirement option as a way for both parties to save face. 

Someone call Alex Jones!!!