• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels showing interest in Wilson Ramos

T.G.

"The fit for the bat-first backstop is perhaps not as clean in Los Angeles as it might be for some other clubs, as most of the Halos’ DH plate appearances seem already to be spoken for with Shohei Ohtani and Albert Pujols figuring to garner significant playing time in that capacity. Given Ramos’ durability issues, he’d be a more logical fit for an American League club with plenty of DH at-bats available."

19 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I'm thinking our catcher will be Brian McCann. Has some offensive prowess still, is familiar with Eppler from his New York days, played for the Astros, so he understands the implementation of analytics better than most (likely), and he should me cheaper than Ramos or Grandal. 

17 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

how is he behind the dish?

McCann was a .9 dwar guy last year...only played in about 63 games behind the dish.

.640 OPS (79 OPS+)

McCann is 35 and coming off a bad year in which his offense declined immensely. 79 OPS+

Ramos is 31 and put up a 130 OPS+ last season

That is an enormous gap. Could McCann rebound? Sure. At his age it is very unlikely though.

I will be very disappointed if Brian McCann is the guy they pursue, with the options that are out there. Why not get Suzuki if you want a cheaper older guy?

5 hours ago, Second Base said:

I'm thinking our catcher will be Brian McCann. Has some offensive prowess still, is familiar with Eppler from his New York days, played for the Astros, so he understands the implementation of analytics better than most (likely), and he should me cheaper than Ramos or Grandal. 

you may be right, but i can't stand that guy. his whole, i'm the custodian of playing the game the right way, rubs me raw to no end.

27 minutes ago, ukyah said:

you may be right, but i can't stand that guy. his whole, i'm the custodian of playing the game the right way, rubs me raw to no end.

My tolerance for players I absolutely cannot stand was busted by the Angels signing Joe Blanton, Josh Hamilton and trading for Ian Kinsler. I used to have this notion that we were the good guys, now I realize we're just like any other team and will bring in whoever we think will help.

Yeah, we've got some high quality guys there, like Trout, Pujols, Simmons, Ohtani, and Calhoun, and Upton doesn't seem like that bad of a guy either, except for that whole completely disrespecting his manager in Detroit. Good thing we didn't hire him right?......Uh oh.

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

My tolerance for players I absolutely cannot stand was busted by the Angels signing Joe Blanton, Josh Hamilton and trading for Ian Kinsler. I used to have this notion that we were the good guys, now I realize we're just like any other team and will bring in whoever we think will help.

Yeah, we've got some high quality guys there, like Trout, Pujols, Simmons, Ohtani, and Calhoun, and Upton doesn't seem like that bad of a guy either, except for that whole completely disrespecting his manager in Detroit. Good thing we didn't hire him right?......Uh oh.

for me, i don't feel like i know the players as people. i don't get too invested in that kind of thing, but i do know them on the field and mccann's holier than thou schtick triggers me hard. i want a dude that plays hard, not polices how others play hard. i don't know mccann as a person, but i don't like him between the lines.

never had a problem with kinsler, blanton, or hamilton on the field. performance? sure, but i didn't dislike them as people.  hamilton managed to do something that few players have been able to do with me. he showed me, off the field, that he was a bad guy, and i don't have any love for selfish people with no personal code. kinsler? hard nosed player, plays for the name on the front. blanton? what did he ever do, other than suck as a pitcher? those aren't reasons to hate a guy as a person. 

7 hours ago, ukyah said:

for me, i don't feel like i know the players as people. i don't get too invested in that kind of thing, but i do know them on the field and mccann's holier than thou schtick triggers me hard. i want a dude that plays hard, not polices how others play hard. i don't know mccann as a person, but i don't like him between the lines.

never had a problem with kinsler, blanton, or hamilton on the field. performance? sure, but i didn't dislike them as people.  hamilton managed to do something that few players have been able to do with me. he showed me, off the field, that he was a bad guy, and i don't have any love for selfish people with no personal code. kinsler? hard nosed player, plays for the name on the front. blanton? what did he ever do, other than suck as a pitcher? those aren't reasons to hate a guy as a person. 

I was careful not to use the word hate, because it isn't hate as much as annoyance. 

With Hamilton, it was a lack of hustle, and the image he portrayed that just wasn't true. With Kinsler, it was him running his mouth back in Texas. With Blanton, it was the stupid bleached goatee. 

9 hours ago, Second Base said:

This stuff matters to me to a certain degree too.  It's like when the Lakers brought on Karl Malone and Gary Payton.  I was like, really?  No way, I'm cheering for those two a-******

Not sure I’m thrilled with the idea of the Angels acquiring the third slowest runner in baseball when we already have one of the top two already in the lineup.

He’ll be 31 and he’s already had knee issues...how can anyone think he’s a solution? Very few catchers sustain any above average productivity after that age with the mileage Ramos’ has had.

Ramos’ last 4 years, age 27-30: .762 OPS, 103 OPS+, 1.9 WAR annually.

Iannetta’s age 27-30 seasons: .743 OPS, 100 OPS+, 1.5 WAR annually.

On 11/7/2018 at 3:26 PM, Second Base said:

Either him or Kurt Suzuki, who handles pitchers well and showed a decent enough bat the past two years for the Braves.

On 11/7/2018 at 8:48 PM, ukyah said:

McCann hated Gomez and wanted to fight him.  Everyone hated Gomez who wasn't his teammate.  

Now suddenly everyone Cadillac's hrs and everyone is calling Gomez a good clubhouse guy.  

The Stros' were way into celebrating hrs this year.  #1 on that list is Bregman.  

who cares.