• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Election GAMEDAY Thread

21 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Somewhere this morning I read that every candidate Obama campaigned for lost, but I don't know if that's fake news.

And no, it wasn't a fwd: fwd: fwd, so save your energy.

Literally the third name to show up: Jacky Rosen

https://www.c-span.org/video/?453252-1/president-barack-obama-campaigns-nevada-democrats

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/07/jacky-rosen-vs-dean-heller-nevada-senate-race-results-2018-963523

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Man, this is the most yk has been in the spin forum for a long time.

There must be no amber alerts or firefighter benefits at this time.

I would have never even have dropped by but Blarg or someone tagged me on something yesterday here.   Just like Baker's Square, I came for the dinner, stayed for the pie.

17 hours ago, Jason said:

Honestly, I think the way the left handled the Kavanaugh stuff is having some negative push back on them. 

not too much in dear old california, where we re-elected senator frankenstein.

EDIT: stupid autocorrect.

13 hours ago, Taylor said:

The "Yes on 6" crowd should have actually put money behind it. It saw so many emotionally manipulative ads from the "No on 6" camp.

spot on. there should have been a massive response to all of those "but the potholes and bridges!" ads, but there was complete silence.

meanwhile, our gas prices go up, our car registration fees continue to climb, and the liars who rammed this bill through the state legislature will have more monopoly money to misuse.

why on earth would anyone vote FOR a tax increase??? the idiots in glendale did the same thing, passing measure S which raises sales tax .34 of a cent so we can raise money to pay into calpers and balance our budget. not a single call for the city to reform spending. meanwhile, the number of gigantic apartment complexes is reproducing at a rate that makes rabbits envious.

we are positively crappy in california when it comes to holding our legislators accountable for how our money is spent. absolutely crappy. 

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

@Vegas Halo Fan this is too damn funny. In Chicago they have dead people voting but in Nevada they have dead people winning office.

Dennis Hof, a Nevada brothel owner and reality TV star who died last month, won an election for Nevada's 36th Assembly District Tuesday night, the Nevada Secretary of State's office said.

Hof, who ran as a Republican, defeated Democratic challenger Lesia Romanov by more than 7,000 votes, the office said.

how bad a candidate are you when you can't even beat a dead guy?

4 hours ago, yk9001 said:

The lines to vote in Norwalk and Santa Ana last night were insane at 8:00 pm last night.  

I don't recall seeing anything like that in any election.

ditto. the line at norwalk was still an hour long at 11:00 pm.

that ought to be reason enough to vote by absentee next time for everyone who had to wait 4+ hours last night.

wonder how nate's friend is doing...

51 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I think in general that people want new faces.  I get that he may be popular with libs but I don't think he sways any undecided voters

it's the eternal optomist in many of us hoping that THIS time, they won't be as partisan as the previous office holder.

47 minutes ago, Tank said:

spot on. there should have been a massive response to all of those "but the potholes and bridges!" ads, but there was complete silence.

meanwhile, our gas prices go up, our car registration fees continue to climb, and the liars who rammed this bill through the state legislature will have more monopoly money to misuse.

why on earth would anyone vote FOR a tax increase??? the idiots in glendale did the same thing, passing measure S which raises sales tax .34 of a cent so we can raise money to pay into calpers and balance our budget. not a single call for the city to reform spending. meanwhile, the number of gigantic apartment complexes is reproducing at a rate that makes rabbits envious.

we are positively crappy in california when it comes to holding our legislators accountable for how our money is spent. absolutely crappy. 

Most people didn't realize they were voting for tax increase. They thought Prop 6 literally took money away from maintaining the safety of roads, not realizing that it had to do with taxes.

10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Most people didn't realize they were voting for tax increase. They thought Prop 6 literally took money away from maintaining the safety of roads, not realizing that it had to do with taxes.

Wait, you mean the liberal folks who wanted to keep the tax were being........................

dishonest?  I thought only cons did that.

59 minutes ago, Tank said:

When Brown passed the gas tax he said people could afford it.  On the way in to work this morning one of the radio stations was talking about how someone who contacted their show said people living here should be okay paying the added gas tax because we get to live in CA.  I know that's just one person but considering the proposition to repeal didn't pass I'm going to assume there's a lot of people who feel that way or don't pay attention to the fact that the major supporters of keeping the gas tax do so because it benefits their livelihood and their pensions.  Most of these same people will vilify the "rich" who don't pay their fair share and likely voted to raise taxes on people making over 250K in 2012.  Eventually they'll probably vote to raise taxes on people making 100K a year rather than holding our elected officials responsible.  Personally I don't vote any way that will give our elected officials more money to mismanage.