• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

7 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Some dude tweeted this last night, most likely BS. 

His timeline is full on non BS stuff but no real inside scoop things. 

Definitely doesn’t come across as one of those random twitter accounts that’s throwing things out there like this in hopes of gaining followers but also doesn’t have any sort of prior tweets to lead anyone to believe he might know something.

If we’re willing to spend 22 mill on a 31 year old Dallas freaking Keuchel, I’d rather just see us go for Harper or Machado

I found this rather interesting (as well as a future predictor?) of where baseball could be going;  given the disdain for long-term contracts.  From MLBTR.

From a payroll perspective, the Twins have zero issues fitting Polanco — or virtually any player in baseball — onto the long-term ledger. Minnesota is the only organization in MLB that doesn’t have a single guaranteed contract on the books for the 2020 season, with the only dollars they’re technically committed to beyond 2019 coming in the form of a $300K buyout on Nelson Cruz’s one-year contract.

The practice of teams being willing to overpay for a player's declining years in order to have a player for his premium years has certainly gone to the wayside. The Twins current contract obligations may be an extreme example of this trend, or it may not be. Either way, as you pointed out, this situation will be interesting to watch.

10 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

I agree with him. How competitive is a league that has more than half it's teams incapable of making the playoffs year after year? 

Only a quarter of the teams do make the playoffs every year. I’m not disagreeing with you, you guys do have a point. We are just one of the teams “weary” of spending and hiding behind the rebuilding mantra.

1 hour ago, WeaverFever said:

Only a quarter of the teams do make the playoffs every year. I’m not disagreeing with you, you guys do have a point. We are just one of the teams “weary” of spending and hiding behind the rebuilding mantra.

So expand the playoff format?  Cut into spring so we're not playing baseball on Thanksgiving?

Just now, floplag said:

Saw this as well.  Wondering what Fletcher will have to say.  I have to admit i found it a bit perplexing, i assumed that ship had sailed after the LaStella signing. 

Well I don't think La Stella is considered a starter, just a utility guy.