• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 7/24 White Sox @ Angels

3 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

I'll play devils advocate here. If Simba stayed at 1B, they'd have just walked Trout with 2 outs and then we'd have to watch Upton strike out looking to end the inning. Simmons just spared us of that

Huh? They would have walked him regardless most likely. Or are you saying he was trying to manufacture the run home? 

1 minute ago, robblin17 said:

Come on, Stradling. It happens way too often. This shit is preached from the top. Be aggressive, which is fine, but they clearly don’t emphasize being aggressive and more importantly, SMART. 

And if he got thrown out going to second I would agree with you.  He made a wide turn and got thrown out.  That is a Simmons error not a philosophy error.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

And if he got thrown out going to second I would agree with you.  He made a wide turn and got thrown out.  That is a Simmons error not a philosophy error.  

What’s the point of that wide of a turn? He doesn’t need to go anywhere. 

1 minute ago, robblin17 said:

What’s the point of that wide of a turn? He doesn’t need to go anywhere. 

Everyone makes a wide turn at first when the throw is going into third.  He just failed to get back.  You’ve played the game, that is what you are supposed to do, but you are supposed to get back.  

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Let it go mang.  We all know it was terrible. 

Sorry. It’s just the same BS every year with this team. They already lack talent, but they don’t help close that gap with solid fundamentals or baserunning. 

Seems like these types of little league mistakes are constantly made by this franchise. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Everyone makes a wide turn at first when the throw is going into third.  He just failed to get back.  You’ve played the game, that is what you are supposed to do, but you are supposed to get back.  

Sure. I just expect major leaguers to have a little bit more situational awareness. Get on first, stay there. Trout’s up next. It’s not rocket science.