• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 7/24 White Sox @ Angels

22 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Upton leads the league in plate appearances with runners on base.  He's 39th in RBI.  

I heard that dude Pujols is clutch with RISP. Maybe try batting him after Trout instead? 

I hate that I'm only half kidding. I feel like it should be Fletch then Calhoun (if his adjustments continue to pay dividends) then Trout then Simmons. I hate losing Simmons OBP in front of Trout, but still wonder if his consistency gets Trout less IBB and more pitches to hit. I may be totally wrong here. Just know that I was totally wrong about JUp after Trout. He does plenty of damage, but they come in brief spurts to where you lose so many of Trout's opportunities when he's cold. He's the wrong MOTO bat to pair with Trout.

Contracts and age ignored entirely, I'd love to have Lorenzo Cain bat before Trout and Simmons after. Just think it would lend to more consistency and more frequent scoring, even if it MIGHT reduce total runs/year. Hope that makes sense. 

30 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Calling Upton a bad contract 4 months into it is one of the most ignorant things I have seen on here.  Lumping it in with Albert and Hamilton is really, truly delusional.  

Just in case my point isn't clear, I don't think Upton is a bad contract. I've come to believe (right or wrong) that he's simply a poorly matched MOTO bat to surround Trout with to maximize wins. 

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Fletcher/Calhoun, Simba, Trout, Pujols/Ohtani, Ohtani/Pujols, FUpton, Kinsler, Machete/Briceno, Fletcher/Calhoun

That should be the lineup.

I still quibble that Ohtani is similar to Upton (so far) in that he produces big moments but Ks a lot and could also lead to opposing managers taking their chances with Ohtani rather than Trout*. Like Upton, when he comes through, Ohtani likely breaks the game open, but more 3 run wins don't count anymore than the 1 run losses. 

*I think Ohtani absolutely has the potential to be a perfect fit behind Trout in the lineup, just not convinced now is the time, yet. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

No, the other you

Ya the account I have at my work cause I can’t log onto this one for some reason. Yep big diss there Captain Stradling haha. You know I was the one who said that other account was me right? And gave the explanation so it’s not like I’m hiding from it. Dude you gotta come with something stronger than that to mock me. I mean really. Also it’s Barrett. Just ehh. It’s ok you’re having an off day and it’s hard to keep defending the Angels when they are this bad with the highest payroll in the AL West. Tomorrow’s a new day tiny. Get some shut eye and regroup. 

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

Ya the account I have at my work cause I can’t log onto this one for some reason. Yep big diss there Captain Stradling haha. You know I was the one who said that other account was me right? And gave the explanation so it’s not like I’m hiding from it. Dude you gotta come with something stronger than that to mock me. I mean really. Also it’s Barrett. Just ehh. It’s ok you’re having an off day and it’s hard to keep defending the Angels when they are this bad with the highest payroll in the AL West. Tomorrow’s a new day tiny. Get some shut eye and regroup. 

Uh I didn’t think I was dissing you.   Yes I know you said you were the other dude.   So now what?  By the way inside pitch bitch slapped the living hell out of you and we all laughed at your ignorant ass.  Sweet dreams!   Tomorrow is another day for you to be embarrassed on here. Good night Barry. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Uh I didn’t think I was dissing you.   Yes I know you said you were the other dude.   So now what?  By the way inside pitch bitch slapped the living hell out of you and we all laughed at your ignorant ass.  Sweet dreams!   Tomorrow is another day for you to be embarrassed on here. Good night Barry. 

Haha you mean how everyone is questioning Eppler? Yep seems quite bitch slap-able. Or were u referring to you guys name calling me? Either way I guess time will tell. Who’s right and who’s wrong won’t we. 

15 hours ago, Stradling said:

I wonder if the Angels had a player not named Ohtani, hitting .167 against lefties while slugging a robust .238, whether or not people would be clamoring for that person to get more starts against them. 

i think because it IS ohtani, they need to give him plenty of ABs and help him make necessary adjustments.

at this point in the season, they have absolutely nothing to lose by letting him work it out in regular season games. gives him the chance to work on things now in prep for next season.

12 hours ago, Tank said:

i think because it IS ohtani, they need to give him plenty of ABs and help him make necessary adjustments.

at this point in the season, they have absolutely nothing to lose by letting him work it out in regular season games. gives him the chance to work on things now in prep for next season.

Could giving him these ABs possibly wait a week or so to maybe give the other guys a chance to up their potential trade value? Maybe a little hot streak makes Marte enough of a pot sweetener to get a solid return for Bedrosian or Parker. Let’s hold the outrage until after the deadline