• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 7/24 White Sox @ Angels

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

All I know is, he is well on his way to not anywhere nears earn his $21 million for 2018.

That’s the problem with this franchise this whole decade.

Guessing wrong on most acquisitions, and waay overpaying for Pujols, Hackilton, and now Upton

tom cruise cinema GIF

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

All I know is, he is well on his way to not anywhere nears earn his $21 million for 2018.

Guessing wrong on most acquisitions, and waay overpaying for Pujols, Hackilton, and now Upton

Why don’t you tell me what 31 year old players with comparable numbers year over year make.  You can get back to me once you find one making 10 million or whatever.  At that point I’ll apologize for being wrong about saying it’s stupid to constantly criticize the Angels for signing Justin Upton. 

There’s so many things to bitch about with the Angels.  For some reason some of you are fixated on Justin Upton.  It’s dumb dude.  Sorry. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Upton has been slightly underwhelming but there’s no way you can put him on the Pujols/Hamilton/Vernon wells tier of disasters

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Calling Upton a bad contract 4 months into it is one of the most ignorant things I have seen on here.  Lumping it in with Albert and Hamilton is really, truly delusional.  

Why Cozarts been a Facking disaster w his 212 batting average as well. 

5 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Upton has been slightly underwhelming but there’s no way you can put him on the Pujols/Hamilton/Vernon wells tier of disasters

A sub .200 BA with RISP is only slightly underwhelming?   Okay 

As a MOTO guy, is he not paid to produce with RISP?

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

A sub .200 BA with RISP is only slightly underwhelming?   Okay 

Overall his numbers are reasonable. Little below what I wanted but pretty solid for him. What he’s done with RISP this year makes it underwhelming

With Pujols, Hamilton, and Wells you are talking about 3 of the worst 15 contracts in MLB history

Trying to be optimistic, here are some positives to take from the game:

Pena pitched well to recover from a poor 3rd inning, at least looking like potential to be a solid contributor out of the pen or starting every now and then.

Fletcher looks like the real deal and I'll be happy to watch him for the next couple seasons.

Things we've learned from this game:

It's probably time to move Upton out of the 4 spot. It's too early to call his contract a bust but you can't keep throwing the least clutch player in baseball out there in a cleanup spot and behind Trout.

This nonsense with benching Ohtani against lefties has to stop soon. It'd be one thing if we were actually competing and had someone better to play but throwing out garbage like Valbuena and Marte while leaving a generational talent on the bench defies all logic.

I can't wait for this trade window to close so we can see if these young minor leaguers can actually make a difference.