• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 7/24 White Sox @ Angels

Angels:

1. David Fletcher (R) 3B
2. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS
3. Mike Trout (R) CF
4. Justin Upton (R) LF
5. Albert Pujols (R) DH
6. Ian Kinsler (R) 2B
7. Jefry Marte (R) 1B
8. Martin Maldonado (R) C
9. Kole Calhoun (L) RF

Felix Pena on the mound.

White Sox:

1. Yoan Moncada (S) 2B
2. Yolmer Sanchez (S) 3B
3. Jose Abreu (R) 1B
4. Avisail Garcia (R) RF
5. Omar Narvaez (L) C
6. Matt Davidson (R) DH
7. Nicky Delmonico (L) LF
8. Tim Anderson (R) SS
9. Adam Engel (R) CF

Carlos Rodon on the mound.

2 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Welp, I guess we should make sure to never play him against lefties the rest of his career then right? Because clearly those 42 ABs are the predictor for the rest of time.

Over-react much?  I'm not saying never to play him against lefties, fool, so f*** off.  I was just pointing to the LIMITED stats to say that's probably why they're sitting him. 

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Over-react much?  I'm not saying never to play him against lefties, fool, so f*** off.  I was just pointing to the LIMITED stats to say that's probably why they're sitting him. 

I know that's their reasoning, because its been said on here ad naseam. You repeating it doesn't somehow enlighten people.

The fact of the matter is that it's a stupid ass reason to sit one of your most talented players on your roster.

12 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I know that's their reasoning, because its been said on here ad naseam. You repeating it doesn't somehow enlighten people.

The fact of the matter is that it's a stupid ass reason to sit one of your most talented players on your roster.

You should fill out an application with Eppler since your so wise and they are so stupid.

I could accept the Ohtani should sit vs. lefties argument if the alternatives were not Marte and Valbuena.  He’s had 42 AB’s.  He’s far more talented.  It’s stupid.  I look for reasons to accept what the Angels do as much as any one but this is too dumb to justify.  Anyway, silver lining.  L’s are probably a good thing for the Angels now. 

13 minutes ago, stormngt said:

You should fill out an application with Eppler since your so wise and they are so stupid.

I can guarantee you I wouldn’t have signed Cozart to a 3 year contract or Pujols to a 10 year contract at 32. Wouldn’t have signed GMJ to a contract etc So you’re saying there’s a shot at being a GM?

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I could accept the Ohtani should sit vs. lefties argument if the alternatives were not Marte and Valbuena.  He’s had 42 AB’s.  He’s far more talented.  It’s stupid.  I look for reasons to accept what the Angels do as much as any one but this is too dumb to justify.  Anyway, silver lining.  L’s are probably a good thing for the Angels now. 

Exactly! On top of that, we're basically out of the race at this point. So you're sitting him and denying him valuable experience in favor of some slight possibility of a marginal improvement in games that don't matter as much.

It's maddening.

I mean, I want to watch Shohei Ohtani.  Not Facking Jefre Marte.   I’m pretty sure most fans agree with me.  They aren’t playing for much at this point.  Ohtani is a really good bat.  Let him have exposure and figure out lefties.  Do we really think Ohtani projects as a situational lefty/righty hitter.  Would be pretty disappointing if that’s what he is. Treat the guy like the talent that he is.