• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 7/24 White Sox @ Angels

41 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

That's the argument of a 4 year old. And I like the idea of defaulting to "they're smarter than you" when you have no argument of your own.

you like it because you're not as smart as they are 

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

That's the argument of a 4 year old. And I like the idea of defaulting to "they're smarter than you" when you have no argument of your own.

How about this for an argument.  They are paid a hell of a lot more money so I trust their decisions over the emotions of dumbass fans on the internet! Your view that it is stupid is your opinion.  Those paid for their expertise disagrees with you.

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I know that's their reasoning, because its been said on here ad naseam. You repeating it doesn't somehow enlighten people.

The fact of the matter is that it's a stupid ass reason to sit one of your most talented players on your roster.

Dude he sucks against lefties yet you think that’s a bad reason to sit him against lefties?  

27 minutes ago, stormngt said:

How about this for an argument.  They are paid a hell of a lot more money so I trust their decisions over the emotions of dumbass fans on the internet! Your view that it is stupid is your opinion.  Those paid for their expertise disagrees with you.

I wonder what percentage of other teams would be playing Marte/Valbuena over Ohtani if they were in the same position as the Angels?

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Because he hits better than Ohtani against lefties. 

Also, El Mang needs days at DH.

But, in reality, Ohtani should be getting as many at-bats as possible regardless of L/R with where the team is at. We are pretty much into developmental games at this point. This is more or less the Angels putting on a front that they actually feel they have a chance to make the postseason. Or maybe they do feel they can make the postseason, which is another problem in and of itself. 

2 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

I wonder what percentage of other teams would be playing Marte/Valbuena over Ohtani if they were in the same position as the Angels?

I wonder if the Angels had a player not named Ohtani, hitting .167 against lefties while slugging a robust .238, whether or not people would be clamoring for that person to get more starts against them. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I wonder if the Angels had a player not named Ohtani, hitting .167 against lefties while slugging a robust .238, whether or not people would be clamoring for that person to get more starts against them. 

But it is Ohtani and he has shown to be an extremely talented hitter. Players don't start as finished products. Why not get him AB's now to not only find out what he might be able to do over a longer stretch, but also whether he will need to be platooned in the future? We already know what Marte is and that is a journeyman and overall pretty shitty/average baseball player. Whereas Ohtani could be the complete opposite. 

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

A player of his talent with that few AB's to draw your numbers from? I certainly hope so

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

42 ABs isn't enough to give up on someone as a full time player. 

I do think Ohtani could benefit from playing either winter ball in Venezuela or Arizona Fall League and just getting a ton of reps against lefties all off season

I would wager a fair amount he's not gonna play winter ball.  

5 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

42 ABs isn't enough to give up on someone as a full time player. 

I do think Ohtani could benefit from playing either winter ball in Venezuela or Arizona Fall League and just getting a ton of reps against lefties all off season

Who says they gave up on him?

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Who says they gave up on him?

Well you obviously know what I mean...they're giving Jefry Marte at bats over him at this point in time...I'd say as of right now that's a fair indicator that he won't get many chances against lefties this season.

Jefry Marte isn't in this clubs plans for the future. Why give him these at bats?