• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This upcoming Trade Deadline

Chuck

Brace yourselves Angels fans, I'm guessing it's going to be a snoozefest when it comes to our team. 

Richards is either going to be on the DL, require TJ surgery or he's so much of an asterisk due to his health that I doubt we'll get even a top 100 prospect for him. 

Maldonado I guess is our only moveable piece, but there are other big-time catchers that will be available that will draw more interest (W. Ramos, J.T. Realmuto). 

There's no way in hell you trade Skaggs and Heaney, so what's left to do on our end?

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Brace yourselves Angels fans, I'm guessing it's going to be a snoozefest when it comes to our team. 

Richards is either going to be on the DL, require TJ surgery or he's so much of an asterisk due to his health that I doubt we'll get even a top 100 prospect for him. 

Maldonado I guess is our only moveable piece, but there are other big-time catchers that will be available that will draw more interest (W. Ramos, J.T. Realmuto). 

There's no way in hell you trade Skaggs and Heaney, so what's left to do on our end?

I think we get addition by subtraction in getting rid of valbuena and kinsler. Even if you get the ever popular PTBNL

12 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Eppler will shop Kinsler and Valbuena to contenders as bench pieces that have pop and play solid (Kinsler) to decent (Valbuena) defense.

One thing I can definitely see him doing is shopping Parker, Alvarez, and Bedrosian to see if a contender will overpay.  

Obviously, we are going to need a bullpen next season but if he can score a solid return from, say, the Indians who are struggling with an injured Miller, struggling Allen and bad support cast (apart from Oliver Perez) why not explore that option?

I also see him being active in potentially acquiring pieces with the next two seasons in mind.

24 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Eppler will shop Kinsler and Valbuena to contenders as bench pieces that have pop and play solid (Kinsler) to decent (Valbuena) defense.

One thing I can definitely see him doing is shopping Parker, Alvarez, and Bedrosian to see if a contender will overpay.  

Obviously, we are going to need a bullpen next season but if he can score a solid return from, say, the Indians who are struggling with an injured Miller, struggling Allen and bad support cast (apart from Oliver Perez) why not explore that option?

I also see him being active in potentially acquiring pieces with the next two seasons in mind.

Good points. I hope he does unload Valbuena, Kinsler and a few of these bullpen pieces. 

35 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Eppler will shop Kinsler and Valbuena to contenders

So... that's how the Angels are going to get back into this thing? Sabotage the competition!!  I like it!  Genius!  Louie gives them the juice and Kinsler high-fives them!  Brilliant!

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

So... that's how the Angels are going to get back into this thing? Sabotage the competition!!  I like it!  Genius!  Louie gives them the juice and Kinsler high-fives them!  Brilliant!

Do you really think they are going to "get back into this thing?"

They're 10 games out of the wildcard with 4 teams ahead of them. 

Now if they make up 4 or 5 of those games in the next couple weeks, then I think Eppler might shop for a reliever or two. But chances are they'll either stand pat or shed minor parts.

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

Haha

Well, I'm more optimistic Kinselr gets moved than Valbeuna.  Kinsler, despite his offensive struggles, has been good defensively, last night's error notwithstanding.

Valbeuna has lefthanded power, and will  have value as someone who can play 3B off the bench, nut hard to ignore the K's and OBP.  If Eppler can find someone to take him for a rookie-level/A level prospect and the return team takes on the salary, I'd consider that a success.

Yeah, i expect pretty much nothing, there is no reason to expect anything at this point.  
Kinsler, maybe Vabuena as some have suggested.   Maldonado perhaps though i hope that doesnt happen as i would prefer to keep him.
None of that is really going to move anyone's needle to far or get us too much in return, but if we can even get a usable bullpen piece for next year, i guess id be happy  

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Do you really think they are going to "get back into this thing?"

Of course, I do.  You underestimate how destructive Kinsler and Valbuena can be.

Blake Parker may be in play at the deadline. A little more remotely would be Jose Alvarez. Maldonado is certainly a possibility although I still like the idea of extending him.

Parker, despite his gifts, is on the wrong side of 30 and although I'd love to keep him, the Angels may cash in on him. Alvarez is younger thus more likely to be kept, despite his 2nd and 3rd years of arbitration coming in 2019 and 2020.

2 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

I like that idea.  I'd deal any and/or all of those three in a heartbeat.  

I don't see Alvarez being of any higher value than he is right now.  Same with Parker.  

Bedrosian is a tough one.  Numbers show him having considerably more depth on his slider from last year when he was still recovering from surgery.  His avg velo is still down about 1mph on his FB vs. his stellar 2016.  I still don't totally trust him, but he's only 26 and I could see him taking another step forward next year.  Workload could become an issue though.  

Kinlser is worth not nothing.  There could be a couple of teams vying for his services which will get us a low end top 30 from someone.  Or perhaps a very specific under the radar target like a Rengifo.  

Valbuena might not even get claimed on waivers.  

Maldo could draw some interest, but it would surprise me if a playoff team would bring in a new backstop that would have to learn all the pitchers tendencies especially in the NL where he'd have to learn the hitters as well.  He also hasn't had his best year framing or calling pitches imo.  

Kole would have been an interesting candidate had he not gotten abducted by aliens for two months.  Since coming back with his hunched over 'Kolemagnon' caveman stance he's .870 and looking good.  

BTW, if any of the players that could have been worth something were actually worth something it would mean that the team would be better and we wouldn't be trading them.  

1 hour ago, zenmaster said:

We are gonna flip Baldoquin for Vlad Jr. I heard.

Only if it's a three-team trade involving the DiPotos, and the M's send along their top 5 prospects to Toronto and get Robby B from the Angels.

7 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

If History is any indication, the Angels will ADD a player to give the illusion they are still in contention.  So odds are we should discuss what player the Angels will get. 

When is the last time this happened?

Don't bring up Upton, because the Angels added him after the deadline.

21 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

If History is any indication, the Angels will ADD a player to give the illusion they are still in contention.  So odds are we should discuss what player the Angels will get. 

If the Angels are true to form, they will add a + 30 veteran, either a marginal player age 31-33, or a very good player age 35-38.

The only player that might return decent prospects is Upton, but the Angels will still be in their "win now" mode, so he is likely untouchable.

Of greater concern is which prospects the Angels will part with to obtain this( or these) veteran?