• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nats trade for Herrera

floplag

1 minute ago, floplag said:

one is a minor blip on the radar, the other is franchise altering.  if you cant see that theres little left to say. 

If you think not having Herrera this season is the difference between having Trout resign or not, then yea, there is nothing left to say.  You are projecting.  

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think Strad is against getting someone right now.  I think he’s against trading for a pure rental.  That makes sense imo. 

Yep, I am not against getting someone, I am against some narrative that not getting a rental closer means Trout is leaving.  

Angel fans, I am just looking at our top 30 prospects ranking and thinking about this trade the Nats made to get Herrera.  Would you be ok as an Angel fan to give up our 11th and 12th ranked prospects and a young Dominican pitcher?  That would be Deveaux and Taylor Ward along with the pitcher.  For a guy that can leave in 3.5 months and we would be getting him while we are 8 plus games out of a playoff spot.  Now obviously it is probable that our prospects at 11 and 12 are better than the Nats based on Eppler focusing more on drafting and us having higher draft picks than them usually.  

25 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

If you think not having Herrera this season is the difference between having Trout resign or not, then yea, there is nothing left to say.  You are projecting.  

i think not making ANY bullpen moves and throwing away another season, one of his best ever, is a huge difference.  Youre kidding youself if you dont.  
This isnt just about Herrera, or can you not see past that?

i think not making ANY bullpen moves and throwing away another season, one of his best ever, is a huge difference.  Youre kidding youself if you dont.  

Ok, so if we trade for a closer and a couple more arms this year then all is forgiven?  Oh and no I don’t think much of what happens this year will have an impact on 2.5 years from now.  So I guess I am currently kidding myself.  

I don't know about Trout not resigning over stuff like this, but I do agree that wasting the performance Trout is having this season is criminal.  Also, our starting rotation is doing really well.  It is foolish to waste that as well.

3 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

It cost them nothing special.

Strad posted that for us.  If it was equivalent to the rankings it would be Deveaux and Ward.  Plus some random arm.  For Herrera on a rental when we’re currently looking at playoff odds of 12%.  It’s a no from me, and I’m not a big fan of Ward. I want him to be traded. 

For Brad Hand though, in a heart beat.

it will take more for him unfortunatley. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, mulwin444 said:

Wish I had your confidence.  Currently, there is no one I'd trust with a lead in this BP...Anderson has issues with control, Parker has issues with extra basehits, both have blown multiple saves this year.  They are good for middle relief fodder at best 

As bad as it feels, Parker has blown 2 and Anderson just 1.

2 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Would you trade our 11th and 12th rated prospects plus an arm?  

Yes.  We are talking about an elite closer.  We are also talking about a team in the Angels, that have had 15 blown saves this season so far.  Imagine for a second where they'd be if 10 of those blown leads were held.  The Angels would be in first place right now.

We are wasting Trout's historic year and the starting rotation doing so well.

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Strad posted that for us.  If it was equivalent to the rankings it would be Deveaux and Ward.  Plus some random arm.  For Herrera on a rental when we’re currently looking at playoff odds of 12%.  It’s a no from me, and I’m not a big fan of Ward. I want him to be traded. 

For Brad Hand though, in a heart beat.

it will take more for him unfortunatley. 

It's a yes for me.  The Angels are wasting Trout's historic year and a strong performance by the starting rotation.  There is still a ton of baseball left.

15 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Ok, so if we trade for a closer and a couple more arms this year then all is forgiven?  Oh and no I don’t think much of what happens this year will have an impact on 2.5 years from now.  So I guess I am currently kidding myself.  

yeah, you are.  if you think waiting tilll the last minute to try to win will be enough for him... yep, you said it