• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nats trade for Herrera

floplag

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Jesus are you capable of entering into a discussion without claiming you're "being attacked" when met with disagreement? 

Apparently the only positive outcome for you in any debate is one where everyone agrees with you.   Guess what dude.....  everyone agrees that the pen has been an issue -- the difference of opinion is that not everyone agrees that they didn't make an effort.   Why is that so hard to grasp?  If anything, you're the only person not allowing for any opinion other than their own...   "Whats that you say?  All the guys seen as THE PIECE blew up?  Doesn't matter!  They should have tried!"

I can't speak for anyone else but I can honestly say I've never been remotely interested in trying to change your opinion, not on this, not on anything else...  I doubt anyone else is either..  but where you can only see black and white, others are seeing shades of grey.   Maybe respect the difference of opinion and refrain from acting like you've been wronged for once.

No this isnt an attack at all, what was i thinking, lol  
See it how you will, ill do the same.  

14 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Didn't think I was attacking, just trying to provide respective...

Our BP has "blown saves", mostly in the middle innings, because we've worked with the a lot of one-run leads and highly leveraged a good, but not great, bullpen.  Jeff Fletcher was talking about this recently.  The difference, essentially, between our BP and seemingly better BPs is the fact the team they are on has a better offense that allows them to work routinely with a lead greater than 1 or 2 runs consistently.

You didn't come off as anything other than respectful -- in fact if anything you should have been applauded for taking the time and effort to come up with a list that did exactly what you set out to do -- show perspective.   It's just impossible to reason with anyone not willing to listen to any perspective other than his own.

7 minutes ago, floplag said:

Leads greater than that dont count as save situations :)
The offense has more than its share of blame. im not absolving that, i simply dont agree with the logic that suggests the bullpen looks worse than it is due to bad offense. . 

Leads with 3 runs or less are save sitiuations

Like the recent game pitched by Barria...he left in the 6th inning after the walking the first two batters with no one out.  Robles is call in with a 1-run and a man scoring position expected to get out of the inning with no damage and, if he doesn't, it's a blown save.

You are going to see more blown saves with a 1-2 run lead to work with than a 2-3 run lead...

22 minutes ago, floplag said:

No this isnt an attack at all, what was i thinking, lol  
See it how you will, ill do the same.  

It's a lot closer to an attack than anything that was said prior to you whining about "being attacked" -- but again, that would require perspective on your end.  No surprise you can't see it for what it is.

Be well.

Edited by Inside Pitch

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

The Wells, Grienke, Freese, trades all showed effort.   The Wilson, Pujols, Hamilton deals all showed effort.  All of those deals came with a price that set the franchise back for years but at least they were trying right?

Never mistake activity for achievement. ~ John Wooden

4 hours ago, floplag said:

Not what i said at all.  what i said was something more than dumpster diving.  Pretty sure there are about 100 degrees between those 2 things. 

thank you for not saying 360 degrees.