• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nats trade for Herrera

floplag

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

We started John Lamb yesterday.  How long do you think that’s going to last ? We’re starting Felix Pena supposedly tomorrow.  

Skaggs and Heaney are both guys coming off significant injury and have at times shown issues with going deep in games.  They’re both good but you need to realistic about expectations.  Barria is a rookie.  He’s not throwing 180 innings or more this year.  The bullpen is going to continue to be leaned on heavily for innings most likely. 

This basically reads like you are saying they have no chance and to give up.  I don't agree with anything close to that type of attitude with this team.

Just now, floplag said:

and thats worth more to you than a proven closer?  seriously?  

Well let’s be clear here.  It’s worth more to me right now.  Specifically for this conversation, more then 3 months of Kelvin Herrera in a year where we have a great chance of missing the playoffs. 

I would happily trade more then those 2 for Hand or maybe Britton.  I know we need a closer.  It’s not lost on me.  

3 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

So?  If we did what I suggested would we be in first place?  Also is this where I mention that we haven’t lost all 15 of our blown saves?  

Look our bullpen is shit, I get it, but you’re exaggerating when you say we’d be in first place.   No team has zero blown saves.   But if you are going to just cut 2/3 of those because we have a good closer, well you are simply lying to yourself.  

How about they'd still be very close to first place?  Still in the playoff race?  That is all that matters.  And a good closer makes all the difference.

Just now, VariousCrap said:

How about they'd still be very close to first place?  Still in the playoff race?  That is all that matters.  And a good closer makes all the difference.

If Seattle has better closers they wouldn’t have 12 blown saves. 

1 minute ago, VariousCrap said:

This basically reads like you are saying they have no chance and to give up.  I don't agree with anything close to that type of attitude with this team.

It’s an accurate description of the teams current  situation.  Dude, you’re acting like guys like Herrera are the only options.  They aren’t.  I’ve said I’d happily pay more for a more long term solution.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s an accurate description of the teams current  situation.  Dude, you’re acting like guys like Herrera are the only options.  They aren’t.  I’ve said I’d happily pay more for a more long term solution.

Long term solutions are going to cost a heck of a lot more than the 11th and 12th best prospects.

7 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Seattle has 12 blown saves. 

Exactly.  Look at the whole picture.  We’ll get our chance to catch up.  We need to not make stupid throw away mistakes like in the Dipoto days.  Dipoto fu*cked up and just moved on to his next trade.  We don’t have the organizational depth to afford that.  If you really believe winning is key to keeping Trout then the overall organizational health is your top priority.  We aren’t in a situation that warrants rental players that will cost us good prospects.  Like I’ve said,  I don’t think much of Taylor Ward.  I want to trade him.  But I want to use that bullet for something longer term if we aren’t in great shape to make even the one game playoff.  And Deveaux is more valuable to me then Ward !

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Long term solutions are going to cost a heck of a lot more than the 11th and 12th best prospects.

Yea.  And I’d pay it. I’d trade Johmani Jones for Brad Hand.  I’d consider trading Marsh. I don’t oppose trades.  But if we’re going to spend prospect currency, right now with our playoff odds looking long.  It needs to be for legitimate improvement year over year.  And if you really think about it I think you’ll come to agree with me . 

Edited by UndertheHalo

24 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

The “throw in prospect”

Yohanse Morel, RHP

Morel is an intriguing, deep-sleeper pickup for the Royals. As an amateur, Morel trained as an outfielder in the Dominican Republic but moved to the mound before signing with the Nationals last year for $100,000 on July 2. Morel threw 88-91 mph when he signed but since then his fastball has jumped to 95 mph. With his fast arm speed and room to fill out his 6-foot-1, 180-pound frame, Morel has a chance to throw even harder in the future. He shows feel for a power slider and has the athleticism that should bode well for his ability to repeat his delivery and make adjustments. He made his pro debut with one start in the Dominican Summer League on June 2.

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I feel like Moustakas is going to be given away.  He’s tailed off quite a bit tho since mid May.  

As far as bats go, I’ve come to think we should go after a RF or see if we can snag a 1b and start phasing out Pujols.  That needs to happen sooner then later.  I don’t believe the narrative that Scoiscia would be a problem with that.  But that narrative does exist.  If it proves true, then he can be shown the door.  The Pujols era needs to end ASAP. 

I want to give Thaiss a chance soon.   He can’t be that far from being MLB ready for 1B.

In 2019, if all goes well (I know, big if lately), Ohtani DHs 90 games, Pujols DHs the rest and plays some 40 games at 1B, and Thaiss plays 120 games at 1B.

5 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Chuck would you have given up the AngelsWin 11th and 12th ranked prospects plus an arm for him?  

it wouldn't have been our 11th and 12th.  We have a better system than the Nats.  

Eppler will not give up prospects or money for an expiring reliever.  

But in the end, prospect rankings are bullshit.   

A team will target a specific guy regardless of what the pundits think.  Perkins was the target here.  We might give a comp but it's likely that the Royals have been scouting him all year and likely think he's more valuable than a Leon Rivas or Brennan Lund even though on the surface, those are the comps.  

For us, the Royals may have put the equivalent comps at Luis Rengifo and Mike Hermosillo.  Plus and arm like Aquino.  Who knows what they asked for but it was more than what we think because if it was Rivas and Lund, we'd have done it. 

OR 

we have our eye on other targets.  Like Brad Hand.  But I doubt it.  Eppler even said that there's a lot of expiring contract reliever available.