• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nats trade for Herrera

floplag

Just now, The Boogie Man said:

Yes, that is exactly what everyone is saying.  We should all just quit.  Or maybe it is about using resources for longer term players and not a guy that will be a free agent in 3.5 months. 

and wasting the season, great plan.  count me out 

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

See I don’t see it as that dire. I think Anderson and Parker both suitable for 7th and 8th inning roles.  Alvarez is also solid. 

Wish I had your confidence.  Currently, there is no one I'd trust with a lead in this BP...Anderson has issues with control, Parker has issues with extra basehits, both have blown multiple saves this year.  They are good for middle relief fodder at best 

5 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Wish I had your confidence.  Currently, there is no one I'd trust with a lead in this BP...Anderson has issues with control, Parker has issues with extra basehits, both have blown multiple saves this year.  They are good for middle relief fodder at best 

It’s just really tough to find 3 lock down guys.  I think Anderson hasn’t played his best baseball.  I see Parkers slow improvement since the beginning of May as a positive sign.  We can only do what we can do.  Adding one of the best like Brad Hand helps a ton.  

Whats also great about Hand is that SD doesn’t uncommonly use him for 4 + outs.  If Anderson is having a rough night that’s a possibility with him.  He’s perfect for us really.   

Problem is he’s perfect for everyone.  Eppler needs to do something before everyone is aggressively seeking relievers.  No doubt they already are.  We’ve had 2 decent trades now in the last couple of weeks.   If it costs us Johmani Jones so be it.  We need a closer.  Hand gives us one. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s just really tough to find 3 lock down guys.  I think Anderson hasn’t played his best baseball.  I see Parkers slow improvement since the beginning of May as a positive sign.  We can only do what we can do.  Adding one of the best like Brad Hand helps a ton.  

Whats also great about Hand is that SD doesn’t uncommonly use him for 4 + outs.  If Anderson is having a rough night that’s a possibility with him.  He’s perfect for us really.   

There are a lot of teams out of it right now.  I think we can grab a sure thing at closer and maybe someone under the radar for pitching 7th or 8th.  

15 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Holy crap those guys are nothing special.

Gives me hope something can still get done.

12 minutes ago, 2020worldseries said:

This trade sets the bar low so if billy looks to make a trade that’s a a positive..

Honestly if you look at the trades that have gotten done recently.  Very good young players that came with club control have been moved for prospect packages that don’t exactly blow you away.  I’m talking everyday players.  Look at what Ozuna and Yellich returned.  Fine packages but nothing insane.  

I mean we saw Shelby Miller go for a huge package but that seemed to serve as warning to buying teams.  It was a strange deal. No one is throwing away prospects like that now.  Look at the deadline last year.  We didn’t see massive prospect currency transactions. 

Hand is great but he’s a reliever.  This is something that is do able. 

1 minute ago, The Boogie Man said:

And I can’t wait to see how not trading for Herrera is going to make a difference in 2.5 years.  

one is a minor blip on the radar, the other is franchise altering.  if you cant see that theres little left to say. 

9 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Off topic, but I still hope they trade for Moustakas. Shouldnt cost a ton, and lets us know if hes even a fit in the offseason.

I feel like Moustakas is going to be given away.  He’s tailed off quite a bit tho since mid May.  

As far as bats go, I’ve come to think we should go after a RF or see if we can snag a 1b and start phasing out Pujols.  That needs to happen sooner then later.  I don’t believe the narrative that Scoiscia would be a problem with that.  But that narrative does exist.  If it proves true, then he can be shown the door.  The Pujols era needs to end ASAP. 

Edited by UndertheHalo