• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

6 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

There was a sale on Red Horse, $27 a case which is cheap here. It's a 8% abv beer from Philippines. It's not my favorite but I've got 2 cases to kill

I've actually had that from my time in the Philippines. I remember not really caring for the taste, but the 8% was felt, as I had never had a beer with that high of abv before. 

Just now, st1ckboy said:

I've actually had that from my time in the Philippines. I remember not really caring for the taste, but the 8% was felt, as I had never had a beer with that high of abv before. 

You definitely feel the 8%. I much prefer the San Miguel Pale Pilsen in an icy cold bottle but the export version just isn't the same.

4 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

You definitely feel the 8%. I much prefer the San Miguel Pale Pilsen in an icy cold bottle but the export version just isn't the same.

I think there was a San Miguel Extra Dry as well right? I remember having 3 types of beer constantly stocked in my fridge. San Miguel, San Miguel Light, and I want to say it was Super Dry. 

$6 for a bomber of Lagunitas Imperial Stout is one of the best deals ever. 

There's better stouts available for sure, but come on. 27 cents an ounce for a nearly 10% stout is unheard of. 

Fuck I once paid $30 for a 12.7 ounce imperial stout from Hill Farmstead. Was it better? Well of course it was. But fuck man it wasn't THAT much better.

The point is, I'm drunk and spend way too much on beer. So finding a good deal is occasionally pretty gnar.

24 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

$6 for a bomber of Lagunitas Imperial Stout is one of the best deals ever. 

There's better stouts available for sure, but come on. 27 cents an ounce for a nearly 10% stout is unheard of. 

Fuck I once paid $30 for a 12.7 ounce imperial stout from Hill Farmstead. Was it better? Well of course it was. But fuck man it wasn't THAT much better.

The point is, I'm drunk and spend way too much on beer. So finding a good deal is occasionally pretty gnar.

I'm going to need them to bring back Lagunitas Sucks. 

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

We never got that fresh. It was always 2 months old. Same with Stone IPA and Hop Stoopid.

New Hampshire sucks.

Sucks has a shelf life of about 2 weeks. It's fantastic when fresh though. Stone IPA holds up pretty well for a few months. I buy cases of it often at Costco.

Just now, st1ckboy said:

Sucks has a shelf life of about 2 weeks. It's fantastic when fresh though. Stone IPA holds up pretty well for a few months. I buy cases of it often at Costco.

I've been drinking Stone's Enter Night Pilsner that they partnered with Metallica on. Most of Stone's stuff is pretty good 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I've been drinking Stone's Enter Night Pilsner that they partnered with Metallica on. Most of Stone's stuff is pretty good 

Always like their Enjoy By series as well. The one beer they stopped making that I greatly miss is the Oaked Arrogant Bastard. Also the smoked vanilla Porter 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I just got a 6 pack of the bourbon barrel aged Arrogant Bastard. I'm not sure if that is the same one you are referring to. 

No, it didn't have bourbon. It was a just like the regular Arrogant Bastard, but they brewed it with oak chips, or some shit. 

OAKED Arrogant Bastard Ale | Arrogant Consortia | BeerAdvocate
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/43153/8951/

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

We never got that fresh. It was always 2 months old. Same with Stone IPA and Hop Stoopid.

New Hampshire sucks.

You've got Stoneface, though - they're pretty good. Also, when I lived in NH I would get the Founders wet hop Harvest Ale when it came out...one of my all-time favorites. Its only around for about a month or so a year; evidently Founders stops making everything else while they're producing it.

I've been drinking Deschutes Fresh Haze IPA. Surprisingly good.