• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

@ScottT do you still tour the United States trying out different breweries? 

Ha, I wouldn't put it that way. I try to do at least one baseball trip per year.  This year, I got to St Louis... met up with my cousin and his wife... and eventually ended up at their pour your own beer establishment in Champaign, IL.

I did go to Great American Beer Festival in Denver last month.  Looking into stepping it up a bit next fall. I hear there's something going on in Germany around the same time.

13 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Just found 12 packs of Celebration on sale for $12.99 (no tax bitches).

Doesn't get better than that.

Well the 24 pack I got at Costco was $24.99, and it's currently 75 degrees outside, as opposed to this:

Screenshot_20191110-142735.png

7 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Kern River Brewing Citra is tasting better this time around.  Very good. 

I read they are selling it in cans. They have it Orange County? A local hole in the wall pizza place had a keg last year, and I swear my brother, and I drank half of it.

11 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I read they are selling it in cans. They have it Orange County? A local hole in the wall pizza place had a keg last year, and I swear my brother, and I drank half of it.

Its everywhere, but not sure how much there will be. 16 oz cans. I picked up a 4 pack for $17.99

Edited by ScottT
Bc

3 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Its everywhere, but not sure how much there will be. 16 oz cans. I picked up a 4 pack for $11.99.  

Damn, that's a good price. I'm going to be on the hunt for it. We did the trip up to the brewery a few years ago. It's a cool place, but that drive between Bakersfield, and Kern was gnarly.

1 minute ago, ScottT said:

That was a typo. $17-18 is still a good price for a good double.  25% less than Noble doubles, which kinda suck now.

Driving to Kern sucks, but the brewery is great. 

Yeah, ever since Noble's head brewer started Green Cheek, that place has gone down hill. Including the expansion they have been working on for 3 years, but apparently will never finish.

16 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Yeah, ever since Noble's head brewer started Green Cheek, that place has gone down hill. Including the expansion they have been working on for 3 years, but apparently will never finish.

On the plus side, Green Cheek is delicious. Obviously it would be better to have a great brewery close to the stadium, but I'm glad we got another good brewery. 

They announced the expansion exactly a month after the Rams got approval to move to LA and they broke ground on their stadium. I started making jokes with my friends about which would finish first about 2 years ago. Taylor Swift has a concert at the new Ram's stadium in July next year. It's going to come down to the wire.

16 hours ago, ScottT said:

That was a typo. $17-18 is still a good price for a good double.  25% less than Noble doubles, which kinda suck now.

Driving to Kern sucks, but the brewery is great. 

Brother found some today. Looks like I'm drinking Citra tonight.

26 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

On the plus side, Green Cheek is delicious. Obviously it would be better to have a great brewery close to the stadium, but I'm glad we got another good brewery. 

They announced the expansion exactly a month after the Rams got approval to move to LA and they broke ground on their stadium. I started making jokes with my friends about which would finish first about 2 years ago. Taylor Swift has a concert at the new Ram's stadium in July next year. It's going to come down to the wire.

Love Green Cheek. That place is always packed. Crazy how quickly they became popular.