• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

• 4 weeks later...

Craft beer hater pulls gun on people at Brooklyn's Other Half Brewing Company
https://nypost.com/2020/02/08/craft-beer-hater-pulls-gun-on-people-outside-brooklyns-other-half-brewing-company/

The pair, who were staying at an Airbnb at 39 Garnet St., began mocking the beer-lovers for standing online overnight for the release of 10 beers, with names like Bourbon Barrel Aged Bananaversary Imperial Stout, and All 6th Anniversary Everything Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunchee Imperial Stout.

“Then he got super pissed and threw a White Claw at us, which was the funniest part of the night.”

A woman on the line dodged the flying, inferior can, then yelled, “Why are you throwing beers at a girl? That’s not cool, man!”

18 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

What is with the use of the term "online" ... it's in the article like 5 times. You stand "in line" outside of a store, and wait "online" for tickets to become available from ticketmaster.

the Brooklyn English Cop operates under a completely different set of grammatical rules.

On 2/9/2020 at 4:12 PM, sht1ckboy said:

Craft beer hater pulls gun on people at Brooklyn's Other Half Brewing Company
https://nypost.com/2020/02/08/craft-beer-hater-pulls-gun-on-people-outside-brooklyns-other-half-brewing-company/

The pair, who were staying at an Airbnb at 39 Garnet St., began mocking the beer-lovers for standing online overnight for the release of 10 beers, with names like Bourbon Barrel Aged Bananaversary Imperial Stout, and All 6th Anniversary Everything Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunchee Imperial Stout.

“Then he got super pissed and threw a White Claw at us, which was the funniest part of the night.”

A woman on the line dodged the flying, inferior can, then yelled, “Why are you throwing beers at a girl? That’s not cool, man!”

Hah, I've been there a few times. Would never even consider going on a Saturday though. It's not a terrible neighborhood but the beer nerds who would spend the night there for beers like "Bananaversary" are pretty lame. 

The whole story is funny.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

For those that live in the Orange area, Hollingshead has Heady Topper, and Focal Banger. For those in the Lake Forest area, Dimension Liquor has it. 

Are these places even opened? I went to BevMo yesterday and they wouldn't let me inside... I had to tell them what I wanted and have them bring it out to my car.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Are these places even opened? I went to BevMo yesterday and they wouldn't let me inside... I had to tell them what I wanted and have them bring it out to my car.

Don't know what process they are doing, but yes they are both open. 

• 3 weeks later...

Was inside Total Wine today looking for Blackmask Rum.  I overheard a guy asking about how many bottles of Pliney the Elder he could buy.   Two,  was the answer.   I've never seen this in a store so I followed him.   They have it kind of hidden in a self-serve walk-in refrigerator area.  $4.99 a bottle.

Now I  understand why people rave about it.  That is seriously good stuff. 

11 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Was inside Total Wine today looking for Blackmask Rum.  I overheard a guy asking about how many bottles of Pliney the Elder he could buy.   Two,  was the answer.   I've never seen this in a store so I followed him.   They have it kind of hidden in a self-serve walk-in refrigerator area.  $4.99 a bottle.

Now I  understand why people rave about it.  That is seriously good stuff. 

What area do you live in?

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

What area do you live in?

Redondo Beach.

I checked my receipt this morning and saw the price was $6.99.  I stopped by the store this morning and discovered why I  thought it was $4.99, yesterday the bottles were in front of a handmade sign for Blind Pig, which is $4.99.

31 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Redondo Beach.

I checked my receipt this morning and saw the price was $6.99.  I stopped by the store this morning and discovered why I  thought it was $4.99, yesterday the bottles were in front of a handmade sign for Blind Pig, which is $4.99.

IMO Blind Pig is even better.

Total Wine has always gotten Russian River stuff and they always keep it in the back fridge, but since Russian River expanded their production last last year it's a lot easier to get. 

Also, Focal Banger and Heady have been distributed in Orange County for about a year or more now. First Class Pizza in Irvine gets it, too. 

There's a lot of good beer out there these days. 

8 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

IMO Blind Pig is even better.

Total Wine has always gotten Russian River stuff and they always keep it in the back fridge, but since Russian River expanded their production last last year it's a lot easier to get. 

Also, Focal Banger and Heady have been distributed in Orange County for about a year or more now. First Class Pizza in Irvine gets it, too. 

There's a lot of good beer out there these days. 

I used to go to that First Class Pizza all the time. The owner is a cool dude, and beer lover. 

51 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Redondo Beach.

If you were closer to me, I was going to tell you where you could get growlers. Have you ever tried the Stone Enjoy By series? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hill Farmstead is doing curbside pickup for Vermonters only. That's fine except they are now CANNING EDWARD FUCK.

Probably for the best. My diet would be ruined and so would my liver.

Oh and they were also doing growler fills of Pliney.

New Hampshire is the worst God damn state.

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Hill Farmstead is doing curbside pickup for Vermonters only. That's fine except they are now CANNING EDWARD FUCK.

Probably for the best. My diet would be ruined and so would my liver.

Oh and they were also doing growler fills of Pliney.

New Hampshire is the worst God damn state.

Hill Farmstead has kegs of Pliny? I wonder if they did some sort of trade, and Russian River has Edward.