• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

2 hours ago, Latrell said:

Keeping it real homie, if you didn't like the pumpkin beer, you won't like Pliny or the sours/ barrel aged ales

I can show you how to make pruno though

Pruno?

yeah, i have a pretty severe sweet tooth so I don’t know if sour/bitter will work. The pumpkin beer we used in the chili recipe really soured the flavor. 

honestly, I’m just curious more than anything. 

My doctor told me that beer was helpful in breaking up kidney stones, so several years ago my wife bought a couple cans of Modelo. I only drank one of them (it was nothing special or fascinating). For some bizarre reason, my wife added a bunch of ice to the glass. I laughed and asked her why and she said it was because she knew how much I like ice in my drinks. 

3 hours ago, eaterfan said:

I think Russian River is shipping to homes now, too. You have to get a case, but it's an easy way to get it.

Yeah, that’s going to be way more than I’m interested in. 

28 minutes ago, Tank said:

Pruno?

yeah, i have a pretty severe sweet tooth so I don’t know if sour/bitter will work. The pumpkin beer we used in the chili recipe really soured the flavor. 

honestly, I’m just curious more than anything. 

My doctor told me that beer was helpful in breaking up kidney stones, so several years ago my wife bought a couple cans of Modelo. I only drank one of them (it was nothing special or fascinating). For some bizarre reason, my wife added a bunch of ice to the glass. I laughed and asked her why and she said it was because she knew how much I like ice in my drinks. 

This totally makes me want to to take you for beers in Pasadena. I know a place close to you that has great beers on tap.

8 hours ago, eaterfan said:

I think Russian River is shipping to homes now, too. You have to get a case, but it's an easy way to get it.

I assume only in California? 

That's not bad. Get a case, save 4 for yourself, then sell the rest to people out east who can't get it. People are stupid, they'll pay $20 a bottle.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I assume only in California? 

That's not bad. Get a case, save 4 for yourself, then sell the rest to people out east who can't get it. People are stupid, they'll pay $20 a bottle.

Yeah, or split it with friends. 

It's not even really a good deal. $7.67 a bottle before tax and shipping. That's what it goes for retail (or even cheaper) and you don't have to get 12. 

There is some stuff going on sale that is not normally available for distribution, so maybe I'll get some of that.

14 hours ago, Latrell said:

This totally makes me want to to take you for beers in Pasadena. I know a place close to you that has great beers on tap.

I'd tell him to hit up 'Glendale Tap' but I just can't picture Tank in there for some reason. I can only picture him in bright and cheery settings.

On 5/8/2020 at 3:14 PM, Tank said:

the way all of you talk about pliny has got me very curious. not saying i will, but where would i find it?  i'm guessing it's not at the corner liquor store.

@Tank I purchased Pliny the Elder at the local Total Wine & More.  It is in the back of the store, in a self-serve walk-in refrigerated area, where they have Kegs and Pony kegs.  If you cannot find it, ask one of the staff.

I found it interesting that the bottle labeling specifically discourages storing the beer long term.  The label recommends drinking as soon as possible. 

17 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

@Tank I purchased Pliny the Elder at the local Total Wine & More.  It is in the back of the store, in a self-serve walk-in refrigerated area, where they have Kegs and Pony kegs.  If you cannot find it, ask one of the staff.

I found it interesting that the bottle labeling specifically discourages storing the beer long term.  The label recommends drinking as soon as possible. 

Hops lose their taste quickly, so it's best to drink IPAs when they are fresh. Stone has a beer called Enjoy By with the date you should drink it by right in the name. Pliny is super hoppy, so the longer you wait to drink it, the less it's going to taste like it should. Some beers, especially if they use Citra hops have a very short life span.

6 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'd tell him to hit up 'Glendale Tap' but I just can't picture Tank in there for some reason. I can only picture him in bright and cheery settings.

I'm a beacon of joy wherever I go, but job security will prevent me from going into a bar.

4 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

thanks for the info.

Not sure how many Belgian Beer fans we have here, but I’m a fan. In Pasadena there’s two different Lucky Baldwin’s.   One of them specializes in Belgians and Trappist Ales.  It’s one of the few places I’ve found that has Chimay Blue on tap.  In my opinion it’s the best beer in the world.  

On 5/8/2020 at 3:14 PM, Tank said:

the way all of you talk about pliny has got me very curious. not saying i will, but where would i find it?  i'm guessing it's not at the corner liquor store.

Hit me up next time you're near NB, I've got a ton. I'll pour you as much as you want.

It's not too difficult to find if you know where to look these days. The best is places that serve it on tap, now that's a delicious rarity. 

Pliny the Younger though, now that's a bitch to get in a glass. But so damn good.

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

Not sure how many Belgian Beer fans we have here, but I’m a fan. In Pasadena there’s two different Lucky Baldwin’s.   One of them specializes in Belgians and Trappist Ales.  It’s one of the few places I’ve found that has Chimay Blue on tap.  In my opinion it’s the best beer in the world.  

Yeah, that's where James and I would go to watch the Manchester United games over 10 years ago. Ironically, above when I mentioned to Tank that I knew a place I wanted to take him it was this spot. The first place I had ever been to that had no domestic beers like Coors or Budweiser. 

Great place and where I had my first Delirium Tremens that got me hooked on Belgians. The Back Abbey in Claremont in that little downtown district is also a good spot for Belgians and the like.

NH sucks. I was just going to say we have a good Belgian game with Schilling Brewing but then I remembered Massachusetts has Notch and Silvaticus and I realize my state is just a pointless wasteland of trees and minimal highway travel between actual good beer and pretty much everything else.

We have no sales tax though! 

25 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

NH sucks. I was just going to say we have a good Belgian game with Schilling Brewing but then I remembered Massachusetts has Notch and Silvaticus and I realize my state is just a pointless wasteland of trees and minimal highway travel between actual good beer and pretty much everything else.

We have no sales tax though! 

I lived in NH 20-25 years ago and Catamount was the local go-to.  Guess technically it was in Vermont, but close in White River Junction.  Back when there weren't a ton of microbrews around, especially in the middle of nowhere New England.  Surprised they went tits up because they were legit, still have nostalgia for their amber, perfect.

5 hours ago, Latrell said:

Yeah, that's where James and I would go to watch the Manchester United games over 10 years ago. Ironically, above when I mentioned to Tank that I knew a place I wanted to take him it was this spot. The first place I had ever been to that had no domestic beers like Coors or Budweiser. 

Great place and where I had my first Delirium Tremens that got me hooked on Belgians. The Back Abbey in Claremont in that little downtown district is also a good spot for Belgians and the like.

Delirium is good.  Have you tried Chimay Grande Reserve also referred to as Chimay Blue?