• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

.... If Fletcher isn't starting in the next game..

1 minute ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Richards will not agree to that. The Angels have already paid him $24 million for his last 25 starts.

Then he can walk.  I have no idea what his market is.  After the contracts this past off season he might get a one year deal.  Or he might get a deal comparable to Lance Lynn.  

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

If we continue to lose and fall, say 10-15 games behind a playoff spot, Scioscia will not be managing next year. That is, if the ownership still has a shred of decency left. Enough is enough. Complete overhaul is needed.

Next year no Valbuena, Cozart, Kinsler, Young, Maldonado, Marte,  and most of the bullpen. Trade Richards before his value goes to zero. 

Sosh is gone next year anyway. 

That said, and Im not defending him here, but you just listed half the starting roster needs to go...Id say thats defending sosh. (And you forgot calhoun).

10 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Sosh is gone next year anyway. 

That said, and Im not defending him here, but you just listed half the starting roster needs to go...Id say thats defending sosh. (And you forgot calhoun).

Yep, coupled that with the thread we have about all the injuries, even Francona would have us struggling for a wild card game. 

28 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Richards will not agree to that. The Angels have already paid him $24 million for his last 25 starts.

Lol there is absolutely no reason for him not to agree to that contract. This guy is one pitch at any given point from being out of the league for the next year or two. And you're telling me he wouldn't take 3/40? please

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Lol there is absolutely no reason for him not to agree to that contract. This guy is one pitch at any given point from being out of the league for the next year or two. And you're telling me he wouldn't take 3/40? please

In all fairness so is every pitcher.

Just now, The Boogie Man said:

In all fairness so is every pitcher.

Sure, but Richards has experienced sitting out entire seasons already. Not every pitcher knows what that's like. The uncertainty, etc. You don't think that's in the back of his mind?

Obviously we have no idea what him and his agent are thinking. But if it was me, I'd be trying to get every guaranteed dollar I can while I can

2 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Sure, but Richards has experienced sitting out entire seasons already. Not every pitcher knows what that's like. The uncertainty, etc. You don't think that's in the back of his mind?

Obviously we have no idea what him and his agent are thinking. But if it was me, I'd be trying to get every guaranteed dollar I can while I can

I know most don’t want to hear this, but he and Trout are close, I would at least consider this when trying to decide whether or not to give him a contract offer.  Also technically he hasn’t missed any full season.  But yes he has been injured a lot, but this injury isn’t in his arm, or elbow it is a tight hamstring.  

1 hour ago, GrittyVeterans said:

What you do not seem to understand is that it only takes one team to bank on Richards being healthy and rolling the dice. Welcome to the cost of doing business as it pertains to MLB baseball..... where players come and go and under perform..... players do drugs..... players get injured.... yet you know what????? Every cent that that team agreed to pay them is 100% guaranteed. 

Why should he take 3/40.... when some other team (It only takes one) will certainly offer him more money. And please keep in mind that very good MLB starting pitchers do not grow on trees..... especially ones with his stuff.

If you want to say Richards is injury prone than you can say the same thing about just all pitchers on not just the Angels staff.... except the crappy ones they always seem to be healthy. But you can say that about pitchers all across the Majors.... it is an epidemic right now.

The numbers I am basing this on also is predicated that Richards stays healthy this year and puts up that 3.21 ERA that was previously discussed.... that was the whole premise of my point. But if he does that.... he will be getting a LOT more than $40 million.

12 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

If we continue to lose and fall, say 10-15 games behind a playoff spot, Scioscia will not be managing next year. That is, if the ownership still has a shred of decency left. Enough is enough. Complete overhaul is needed.

Next year no Valbuena, Cozart, Kinsler, Young, Maldonado, Marte,  and most of the bullpen. Trade Richards before his value goes to zero. 

I can agree to all except Maldonado and Richards although I have no issue with Valbuena. He's just not a starter.

11 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

Maldonado and Richards will probably be back at the right price.  Cozart will absolutely be back.  The rest can go now.  

I'd rather trade him for someone who's not going to be hurt every time we turn around.

As AO would say, get the China doll outta here!!!

Cozart? Yeah, keep the .220 hitter for his defense. Why not?