• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

.... If Fletcher isn't starting in the next game..

8 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

This is Scioscia's big blind spot. I feel like he wants the rooks to realize that they can't just earn more starts by playing well - they have to earn their place in whatever way Scioscia feels it necessary. I don't think it actually helps. He lets Proven Veterans suck for months on end, but rooks get pulled after having a great game and rarely get a chance to play consistently, to develop.

Furthermore, it is just stupid in the sense that Fontana is, at best, a bench guy, while Fletcher actually has a chance to be a regular player - as soon as next year. Let the kid audition now, get some reps, so that when he comes to ST next year he's ready to play.

That's just it -- it wasn't about sticking with vets... it was about sitting Fletcher in favor of Fontana.   

Fontana hasn't done anything to merit playing over Fletcher -- maybe he's the better glove, I have no idea, but given Fletcher came up and raked and he is likely a part of the future in some capacity it's nuts that Fontana got a start over him.

This shouldn't be a situation where they are auditioning both players -- Fontanta isn't a starter, will never be a starter, shouldnt be groomed to be a starter.  Fletcher wasn't supposed to be either but something clicked this year and it's in the best interest of the team to ride that shit out and see if he CAN be a starter at the highest level. 

In conclusion.   Dear MS...

tenor.gif?itemid=4893283

16 minutes ago, Lou said:

remember when you guys were clamoring for Blash to be in the lineup? 

good times

#BlashOff!

FWIW -- I get your point but I don't think the two players are really comparable, nor are their situations.   

Due to injury there is a void at SS....  So it's not Fontana or Fletcher .vs Simmons or Cozart..  it's Fontana .vs Fletcher...    Fontana has a nice track record of getting on base, so he's not useless and I think he would be my choice over Fletcher if the team intended to use him simply as a defensive replacement and back up..  but there seems to be a small window to play everyday ..  that's the source of my frustration.

They should get a look at Fletcher while they can.

We wanted Blash because our other options sucked and at least he was hitting in AAA. Something Calhoun isn't even doing in his rehab with Salt Lake.

That said, Young has looked a little better since Wednesday so gotta roll with him until he starts to suck again...which is around the corner. 

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Whats the rule for Minor league rehab games?  20 games?  I know he went oppo taco in his fist at bat but ..  since then it's been a repeat of his MLB season .. minus the strikeouts.  

Yeah I saw that. I'm not sure about the max length.

Maybe @Jeff Fletcher knows?

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

FWIW -- I get your point but I don't think the two players are really comparable, nor are their situations.   

Due to injury there is a void at SS....  So it's not Fontana or Fletcher .vs Simmons or Cozart..  it's Fontana .vs Fletcher...    Fontana has a nice track record of getting on base, so he's not useless and I think he would be my choice over Fletcher if the team intended to use him simply as a defensive replacement and back up..  but there seems to be a small window to play everyday ..  that's the source of my frustration.

They should get a look at Fletcher while they can.

and my point is that people are always bashing the team for not bringing up (and starting) the guy who is doing well at SLC. how many times have these posters been completely wrong? based on the success of those players actually coming up and producing, I would put that number at about 98%. To bitch about a guy not being in the lineup after scoring 8 runs in a win is ridiculous. 

people should be happy since they got to see Trout play in an Angels uniform. I hear that's more important than winning for some of you. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

and my point is that people are always bashing the team for not bringing up (and starting) the guy who is doing well at SLC. how many times have these posters been completely wrong? based on the success of those players actually coming up and producing, I would put that number at about 98%. To bitch about a guy not being in the lineup after scoring 8 runs in a win is ridiculous. 

people should be happy since they got to see Trout play in an Angels uniform. I hear that's more important than winning for some of you. 

Hey Lou, I’m with you. I’m trying to remember what player we had hitting a ton at SLC that got called up and was worth a shit since Trout...

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Yep, I get your point, but I think you can see where I'm coming from too with Fontana .vs Fletcher -- as you well know I don't really subscribe to the MS hates all young players narrative.   

I never got into the Blash talk, not because I think he sucks or shouldn't at least be given a chance to show something - -he's just not someone I would pin my hopes on.  For the most part the only guy's I'd want to see them call up are guys who they will actually play.   I'm cool with Cowart being called up to ride the pine, ditto Fontana.  Herm coming up was probably too soon, but he too wasn't brought up to start everyday which IMO doesnt help him or the team.

Anyway -- I'd like to see Fletcher play because he actually has a chance to be more than a scub or defensive replacement..   I don't believe Fontana does.

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yep, I get your point, but I think you can see where I'm coming from too with Fontana .vs Fletcher -- as you well know I don't really subscribe to the MS hates all young players narrative.   

I never got into the Blash talk, not because I think he sucks or shouldn't at least be given a chance to show something - -he's just not someone I would pin my hopes on.  For the most part the only guy's I'd want to see them call up are guys who they will actually play.   I'm cool with Cowart being called up to ride the pine, ditto Fontana.  Herm coming up was probably too soon, but he too wasn't brought up to start everyday which IMO doesnt help him or the team.

Anyway -- I'd like to see Fletcher play because he actually has a chance to be more than a scub or defensive replacement..   I don't believe Fontana does.

I agree with everything you said. 

I'd love to see Fletcher in the lineup (even more so cuz he went to LMU (right @Dochalo ?), but I'm not going to go apeshit and call out everyone in the organization if he isn't, especially after we score 8 runs and win the game. 

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Define "stabbed"

stab
stab/
verb
past tense: stabbed; past participle: stabbed
  1. (of a person) thrust a knife or other pointed weapon into (someone) so as to wound or kill.
    "he stabbed him in the stomach"
    synonyms: knife, run through, skewerspearbayonetgorespikestickimpaletransfixpierceprickpuncture
    literarytranspierce
    "a soldier stabbed the civilian"
    • make a thrusting gesture or movement at something with a pointed object.
      "she stabbed at the earth with the fork"
      synonyms: lungethrustjabpokeproddig
      "she stabbed at the earth with a fork"
    • (of a sharp or pointed object) violently pierce.
      "a sharp end of wicker stabbed into his sole"