• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

.... If Fletcher isn't starting in the next game..

On 6/13/2018 at 6:33 PM, Scotty@AW said:

Make no mistake, the Angels AAA offense this year is better than their major league offense. Trout, Upton, Simmons and Ohtani are all good, but Valbuena, Cozart, Pujols, Marte, Maldonado, Calhoun were all garbage.

By contrast, the AAA squad has featured JMF, Fletcher, Thaiss, Ward, Hermosillo, Liriano, Blash, Revere, Carter...

If you could remove all exterior influences and just went with the guys that play the best, we'd have Ward at 3B, Fletch at SS, Thaiss at 1B, JMF at DH, Blash in RF....

I don’t understand the love for Blash. He has such a long swing that he will not hit  a decent fastball. Can’t get behind him being on the roster. He will be a career AAA. 

This is Scioscia's big blind spot. I feel like he wants the rooks to realize that they can't just earn more starts by playing well - they have to earn their place in whatever way Scioscia feels it necessary. I don't think it actually helps. He lets Proven Veterans suck for months on end, but rooks get pulled after having a great game and rarely get a chance to play consistently, to develop.

Furthermore, it is just stupid in the sense that Fontana is, at best, a bench guy, while Fletcher actually has a chance to be a regular player - as soon as next year. Let the kid audition now, get some reps, so that when he comes to ST next year he's ready to play.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

And yet, staying on topic, Valbuena and Fontana had no piece of that action. 

0-8 with a combined 8 LOB. Plus Fontana made an error and botched another play that should have been an error.

I keep forgetting that having the players those on AW clamor for in the lineup is more important than winning the actual game. 

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

This is Scioscia's big blind spot. I feel like he wants the rooks to realize that they can't just earn more starts by playing well - they have to earn their place in whatever way Scioscia feels it necessary. I don't think it actually helps. He lets Proven Veterans suck for months on end, but rooks get pulled after having a great game and rarely get a chance to play consistently, to develop.

Furthermore, it is just stupid in the sense that Fontana is, at best, a bench guy, while Fletcher actually has a chance to be a regular player - as soon as next year. Let the kid audition now, get some reps, so that when he comes to ST next year he's ready to play.

We’re trying to win games. I like Fletcher too. He had a good day with the bat against a LH pitcher. Fontana bats LH and is a good SS. The lineup made sense on that stand point. 

Angels won ... water ? under the bridge. 

33 minutes ago, Lou said:

I keep forgetting that having the players those on AW clamor for in the lineup is more important than winning the actual game. 

Yes we won and I'm pleased. However with our bullpen, no lead is safe. Put your best players in the lineup for F sakes. That's my message to Sosh.

I am so done with Sosh's platoons and Valbuena. 

10 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

We’re trying to win games. I like Fletcher too. He had a good day with the bat against a LH pitcher. Fontana bats LH and is a good SS. The lineup made sense on that stand point. 

Angels won ... water ? under the bridge. 

and two of his hits were weak bloopers