• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Fast Food News Part 2

On 11/4/2021 at 10:57 AM, Brandon said:

Nice.

I’m actually pretty good. I changed my whole lifestyle and generally eat healthy, so my system is pretty solid. But the game changer was when I started taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar every morning. Literally zero stomach/gut issues…..no heartburn, indigestion, nothing.  I probably wouldn’t have been so wrecked but ate a bit before coming out of a fasted state and because I had nothing but a pint of gelato to try and take the heat it was just too much food and bad food at that.

You just hammer it down straight? Or chase it with...? Or mix it with... ?

6 hours ago, Jay said:

You just hammer it down straight? Or chase it with...? Or mix it with... ?

I don't think you are supposed to take it straight as it can mess up your esophagus or lining. You need to dilute it. Most do or start out with one tablespoon and water. I just take a tumbler and put in the two tablespoons and fill the rest with water. You can slam it or take it in a couple gulps. You can also add additives. I used to add a bit of lemon to it and one of the last things I tried, but is a bit rough, is adding about 1/8tsp of turmeric and cayenne/red pepper.

It has some crazy health benefits from aiding in gut bacteria, balancing levels like blood sugar, among other things.

You can probably find some recipes or methods online, but I find just the ACV and water from my Brita first thing in the morning before coffee to be a solid start. Some also take it at night as a sleep aid and to also boost the medicinal properties.

Going back to SoCal in a couple weeks. I'll have my obligatory Del Taco stop early on, then an In n Out stop where I only eat like four fries despite trying to like them. Outside of that, what new stuff should I be hitting up? It's been a few years since I've been there for anything longer than a day or two.

1 hour ago, Don said:

Going back to SoCal in a couple weeks. I'll have my obligatory Del Taco stop early on, then an In n Out stop where I only eat like four fries despite trying to like them. Outside of that, what new stuff should I be hitting up? It's been a few years since I've been there for anything longer than a day or two.

What part of SoCal?

I'm headed back your way tomorrow. Going to finally go to Q39 on Friday.

13 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What part of SoCal?

I'm headed back your way tomorrow. Going to finally go to Q39 on Friday.

I’ll be splitting my time between the IE and SD mostly.

Q39 is legit. I live about a mile from the 39th St location. Obviously get the burnt ends, but the beans are straight fire too.

Another non-tourist spot I’d recommend is Hawg Jaw. It’s in an industrial area just north of the river. So like less than five minutes from downtown. They have the best burnt ends of any place here IMO. Their sauces (always a serve yourself on the side option) are a bit sweet for my tastes, but the meats are on point.

1 hour ago, Don said:

I’ll be splitting my time between the IE and SD mostly.

Q39 is legit. I live about a mile from the 39th St location. Obviously get the burnt ends, but the beans are straight fire too.

Another non-tourist spot I’d recommend is Hawg Jaw. It’s in an industrial area just north of the river. So like less than five minutes from downtown. They have the best burnt ends of any place here IMO. Their sauces (always a serve yourself on the side option) are a bit sweet for my tastes, but the meats are on point.

I grew up in the IE and can't think of anything that I would go out of my way for.

SD has some spots. My friends rave about this place called Callie. If you like fried chicken/hot chicken, they have a Crack Shack down there like the one in OC. I looked it up and am 87% sure this was the spot, but there is a hole in the wall Caribbean Jerk place called Caribbean Taste that is amazing.

Yeah, I did some bouncing around last time there and did Cafe Trio (not my favorite) and went to Season 52. This time some chick wants to do Chez Elle for breakfast, I think she lives around Westport....I could be wrong on this. I get to hit Jack Stack in Lees Summit on Monday night and haven't been there in years. I'll bring up Hawg Jaw. 

3 hours ago, Tank said:

what exactly are burnt ends?

Probably the most anti-Tank food ever created. Basically the fatty part of a brisket that usually gets thrown away before or after the brisket is cooked. Why some people throw that part away is beyond me, because it's easily the best part. Just fatty, smoky, crispy chunks of meat.

image.jpeg.43d42ed8b8adb7d4b644d126d0f325a9.jpeg

On 12/8/2021 at 4:46 PM, Don said:

Probably the most anti-Tank food ever created. Basically the fatty part of a brisket that usually gets thrown away before or after the brisket is cooked. Why some people throw that part away is beyond me, because it's easily the best part. Just fatty, smoky, crispy chunks of meat.

image.jpeg.43d42ed8b8adb7d4b644d126d0f325a9.jpeg

Pork belly burnt ends are awesome too