• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 6/2 Rangers @ Angels: Hermosillo starting in RF

I

42 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Bingo. I'm telling you, he is just a troll. He pretends to actually follow the games but instead just shreds people for their opinion. 

I watch the same games you watch.   I just don’t watch them under the guise of pointing the finger at the manager.   Sorry I’m not a bitch like that.   

1 hour ago, Kook said:

You must be a little young if don’t know how the working world operates yet, no offense. 100% of the jobs, not 99%, not 90%... 100% of the jobs that have a boss, manager, superviser, whatever... is responsible for the staff below him.

While Scioscia isn’t the one swinging, pitching or defending, he’s responsible for the proper training, coaching, morale, line up, calls from dugout, strategizing and having everyone in sync to minimize the bad play. 

Theo Epstein joins the Red Sox and they break their drought and win 2 World Series. He then joins the Cubs and have them win. It all stems from the top down.

Yes, it’s Scioscia’s fault, else what’s the point of having a manager.

Rant off

Get that logic outta here! Some people will go to the moon and back to defend him even though changes in management has to happen. Especially in a game like baseball.

2 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Scioscia needs to go. Time to stop making excuses for the fat man. Can't get the team to the playoffs

I agree.  He needs to go.  It certainly won’t solve the hitting or the bullpen, but it will give everyone a new bad guy.   Certainly won’t hurt anything.   I just don’t think it’s going to help unless it comes with more talented players.

Just now, The Boogie Man said:

I agree.  He needs to go.  It certainly won’t solve the hitting or the bullpen, but it will give everyone a new bad guy.   Certainly won’t hurt anything.   I just don’t think it’s going to help unless it comes with more talented players.

You aren't going to believe this.;..but I agree with you..lmao

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Sounds like you got proven wrong and you're bitter...maybe I'm wrong

Actually I don’t think I was wrong, see I don’t say really outrageous things.   I was wrong because I thought Cozart and Kinsler would be better.  I was wrong cuz I like defense.   I was wrong because I thought at some point Calhoun would snap out of it.  I was wrong because I wanted Heyward.  But no I haven’t been wrong in this thread. 

3 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

You aren't going to believe this.;..but I agree with you..lmao

People think I love Scioscia, not at all.  I just dislike his haters more.  I also believe more in players winning and losing games much more than a manager.  Sure a manager contributes but not as much as the donkeys on here think they do.   Scioscia isn’t as good as the guy who won with Percy. KRod and Shields and he isn’t as bad as the guy who has this abortion of a bullpen.  

1 hour ago, Kook said:

You must be a little young if don’t know how the working world operates yet, no offense. 100% of the jobs, not 99%, not 90%... 100% of the jobs that have a boss, manager, superviser, whatever... is responsible for the staff below him.

While Scioscia isn’t the one swinging, pitching or defending, he’s responsible for the proper training, coaching, morale, line up, calls from dugout, strategizing and having everyone in sync to minimize the bad play. 

Theo Epstein joins the Red Sox and they break their drought and win 2 World Series. He then joins the Cubs and have them win. It all stems from the top down.

Rant off

Scioscia needs Pedro and Schilling!

I'm all for moving on from Sosh, but I just don't really see it magically making the team better. The issue with this org is talent and has been so for years. They haven't gotten enough blue chip prospects through the pipeline and their FA acquisitions have been colossal busts. In the last several years, how many homegrown talents have turned into all-star caliber players on this team outside of Trout? How many of their big FA pickups have been all-stars with the Angels?

I mainly think they should move on from Sosh just due to longevity. It's rare for coaches/managers in any sport to stick around with the same team for so long. Eventually, things just get stale and IMO things have been long past stale in Anaheim for years. I certainly don't think replacing Sosh with some other manager is the difference between making and missing the playoffs this season with this roster though

2 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

Also, when your opinion is stated as fact, then that fact is proven to be false, then your  “opinion” is shit.

2 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

Everything said by anyone is an “opinion” no more than a scientist proving something is just a “theory” until he’s proven wrong. Nothing you’ve said in the thread is more right than someone else, just more opinions. 

Talented players will go a long way, but you can still get the best possible production out of what you have. Starting 13-3 and where they’re at now is all mental. If it was physical they’d be on the disabled list. Agree management change alone won’t magically fix everything.  No one said it would. Just this is not working for how many years now and things will get better and not worse trying another manager (opinion)...

Teams would die for Trout/Ohtani talent.

6 hours ago, Kook said:

Rant off

If they brought in Epstein the first Thing he would do is fire Soscia in order to change the culture of mediocrity.

20 minutes ago, CubsFan said:

If they brought in Epstein the first Thing he would do is fire Soscia in order to change the culture of mediocrity.

yeah, like he did when he was hired by the Cubs by firing Mike Quade then hiring . . . 

Dale Sveum, who he fired 2 years later after going 127-197 to hire . . . Rick Renteria, who he fired after 1 season after going 73-89.