• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 6/2 Rangers @ Angels: Hermosillo starting in RF

17 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Sucks that Bud Black is under contract in Colorado through 2019.   He has a solid rep working with young players (firm but patient).

To mlb managers have buyouts? If they want to move teams 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

What could Scioscia have done differently tonight? He used his two best bullpen arms and they blew it. The offense sucked ass all night.

I want a new manager but there's no way this game is on Sosh.

Exactly.  After every loss or during every win, this place becomes a circle jerk of “fire the fat man”.   

4 hours ago, Kook said:

Everything said by anyone is an “opinion” no more than a scientist proving something is just a “theory” until he’s proven wrong. Nothing you’ve said in the thread is more right than someone else, just more opinions. 

Talented players will go a long way, but you can still get the best possible production out of what you have. Starting 13-3 and where they’re at now is all mental. If it was physical they’d be on the disabled list. Agree management change alone won’t magically fix everything.  No one said it would. Just this is not working for how many years now and things will get better and not worse trying another manager (opinion)...

Teams would die for Trout/Ohtani talent.

Yes teams would love to have Ohtani, Trout and Simmons.  How many are lining up for Kole, Young, Marte, Valbuena, Young, a 38 year old Albert, Bedrosian, Johnson, An injured Middleton, Akeel Morris, Parades, Oliver Drake? 

4 hours ago, Kook said:

Everything said by anyone is an “opinion” no more than a scientist proving something is just a “theory” until he’s proven wrong. Nothing you’ve said in the thread is more right than someone else, just more opinions. 

True, and some opinions are infinitely more ridiculous than others.

2 hours ago, Lou said:

True, and some opinions are infinitely more ridiculous than others.

Someones opinion being ridiculous is just your opinion. Get over yourself. You act like you and strad have nothing but true and accurate things to say when in fact your opinions are statements based on your perspective and a bunch of copy pastes of stat casts. Hate to break it to you but stats can be so easily manipulated one way or another. 

Here let's try this basic thought process, Justin Anderson and Parker gave up runs last night, which by default makes Jim Johnson a better pitcher  as he gave up no runs last night. Sounds ridiculous right? Well those are built into stat cast and cumulatively added. So if you read that shit without any kind of perspective you're a fool. My perspective and opinion is that scioscia makes bad decisions, yet for some reason you feel the need to shred me personally for it. That's a YOU problem

5 hours ago, Glen said:

What could Scioscia have done differently tonight? He used his two best bullpen arms and they blew it. The offense sucked ass all night.

Manager is not about just one game. Long term development of the player as well nor more different than when we were playing little league and had coaches.

Lack of offense is management fault of not doing more practice, practicing on the right things, getting their focus more and working better together as a team when they were at the beginning of the season. 

These guys are major league players and have proven themselves to have talent to get to this stage. Each player can be improved from where they are now, and that’s why management blame will always be there and why other organizations fire managers is sports. 

They don’t fire managers because they made a bad call or ruined a game, but due to their long term development of the team lacking. 

5 hours ago, Glen said:

I agree Scioscia did a good job with the pen tonight, and this loss wasn't really his fault. But his job is also to find out why the offense is struggling and why he hasn't figured it out in almost 1 month now is quite ridiculous. Also when was the last time you say a player doing the little things like sacrificing an at bat to move the runners over or bunt just to get on base when they deploy those ridiculous shifts.  These players dont care about doing what it takes to win, they are all about themselves and Scioscia doesn't seem to care. That's not a 

Also the team looks flat and uninspired - again it's a manager job to intervene if the players are just going through the motions and just want the game to get over with. But that's what I suspect Scioscia is doing as well.

Also, I dont get the feeling Scioscia is providing any leadership or direction. Just because they are major leaguers doesn't mean they dont have any flaws and cant work on some things to improve themselves. 

34 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Someones opinion being ridiculous is just your opinion. Get over yourself. You act like you and strad have nothing but true and accurate things to say when in fact your opinions are statements based on your perspective and a bunch of copy pastes of stat casts. Hate to break it to you but stats can be so easily manipulated one way or another. 

Here let's try this basic thought process, Justin Anderson and Parker gave up runs last night, which by default makes Jim Johnson a better pitcher  as he gave up no runs last night. Sounds ridiculous right? Well those are built into stat cast and cumulatively added. So if you read that shit without any kind of perspective you're a fool. My perspective and opinion is that scioscia makes bad decisions, yet for some reason you feel the need to shred me personally for it. That's a YOU problem

Ok I’ve got a question for you.  Let’s say someone says the team has performed worse with runners in scoring position than with no runners in scoring position and that it’s been going on for ten years.  Not only that but the only year he says it wasn’t the case was 2014, oh and it’s because Scioscia’s fault.  

Then a simple search shows that the last four years they’ve hit better with runners in scoring position (fact) than without runners in scoring position.  So since he blamed Scioscia for his incorrect narrative shouldn’t they then give him credit for performing better in those situations?

By the way, my stance remains players get credit, players get blame. 

43 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I stopped reading at "someones" (sic) 

33 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

I agree Scioscia did a good job with the pen tonight, and this loss wasn't really his fault. But his job is also to find out why the offense is struggling and why he hasn't figured it out in almost 1 month now is quite ridiculous. Also when was the last time you say a player doing the little things like sacrificing an at bat to move the runners over or bunt just to get on base when they deploy those ridiculous shifts.  These players dont care about doing what it takes to win, they are all about themselves and Scioscia doesn't seem to care. That's not a 

Also the team looks flat and uninspired - again it's a manager job to intervene if the players are just going through the motions and just want the game to get over with. But that's what I suspect Scioscia is doing as well.

Also, I dont get the feeling Scioscia is providing any leadership or direction. Just because they are major leaguers doesn't mean they dont have any flaws and cant work on some things to improve themselves. 

I get the frustration and backlash directed at Scioscia, the players, the front office, etc. ,  but what I find ridiculous is that it only appears after a loss. After a win you can't find a thread announcing the season is over, every good starter should be moved to the pen or we should trade Trout, Simmons and Ohtani. If people truly believed these things, why do they conveniently shut their traps just because we win a game? 

1 hour ago, The Boogie Man said:

Ok I’ve got a question for you.  Let’s say someone says the team has performed worse with runners in scoring position than with no runners in scoring position and that it’s been going on for ten years.  Not only that but the only year he says it wasn’t the case was 2014, oh and it’s because Scioscia’s fault.  

Then a simple search shows that the last four years they’ve hit better with runners in scoring position (fact) than without runners in scoring position.  So since he blamed Scioscia for his incorrect narrative shouldn’t they then give him credit for performing better in those situations?

By the way, my stance remains players get credit, players get blame. 

I was looking at league wide hitting with runners in scoring position, not team hitting with runners on compared to team hitting with the bases empty. Just like he was saying everything is about perspective... 

7 hours ago, Lou said:

I get the frustration and backlash directed at Scioscia, the players, the front office, etc. ,  but what I find ridiculous is that it only appears after a loss. After a win you can't find a thread announcing the season is over, every good starter should be moved to the pen or we should trade Trout, Simmons and Ohtani. If people truly believed these things, why do they conveniently shut their traps just because we win a game? 

. . . see what I mean?

7 hours ago, Lou said:

Agreed....But all losses are not all the same....after a stinker like last night, where the bullpen gives another one away, it’s fair to question Eppler’s bullpen moves in the offseason...always bitchin’ when you lose is a little silly....really good teams lose 65-70 times a year.....