• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 6/2 Rangers @ Angels: Hermosillo starting in RF

1 minute ago, The Boogie Man said:

Dude, you say a TON of stupid stuff, I don’t quote all of it.  And no it has nothing to do with the manager.  How many of those years did they perform noticeably worse with runners on than without runners on?  Remember, we have gone a long time with a lot of shitty players.  When was the last time you were happy offensively at 2nd base?  3rd base?  Catcher?  1st base?  LF?  

What are all these stupid thing that I say? 

I know now I say some stupid shit in the heat of the moment when I get pissed... we all do. But it is something I have noticed as a pattern with the Angels that they don’t do the little things like hit with runners in scoring position and literally everything has changed in my time watching this team from coaches, front office, and players yet the same manager and issues remain 

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

Same script different night. This was your garden variety loss for this team. Good pitching performance from the starter, Trout shines, majority of the offense is useless, and the bullpen blows. The marathon continues

If there is a poster child game to represent the 2018 Angels so far, this is it. Trout’s great but the one time he’s not is with a runner in scoring position. Starting pitching does it’s job. Multiple missed opportunities to create space in the scoring column all night. Unnecessary close game in end and the bullpen predictably blows. Wasted chances for 3 1/2 hours and another loss.

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

A new manager is needed to help bring along the young players coming up over the next 1-3 years.

I don’t have faith in Scioscia being up to it.   A new voice is needed, but not a Collins type.   Someone like a Gardenhire type, who works well with young players.

Who out there is the best candidate available to be that guy?

I think the next manager should be a younger guy.

Just now, TroutField said:

What are all these stupid thing that I say? 

I know now I say some stupid shit in the heat of the moment when I get pissed... we all do. But it is something I have noticed as a pattern with the Angels that they don’t do the little things like hit with runners in scoring position and literally everything has changed in my time watching this team from coaches, front office, and players yet the same manager and issues remain 

But what you are doing is making things up in your head.  The last three years (at least) they have hit the same or better with runners in scoring position.  Oh and in 2016 they were 5th in the league with runners in scoring position.  So no it wasn’t 2014.  So if you want to vent that’s fine, if you want to make stuff up, don’t get upset if you are called out for it.

Just now, TroutField said:

@The Boogie Man are you going to jump on these guys for criticizing Scisocia since every loss is on the players and had nothing to do with the Manager? 

Well if it helps you any, I think all the wins are on the players as well.  I don’t care if they change managers, I defend him against nonsense, like pretending they perform worse with runners in scoring position.

1 minute ago, The Boogie Man said:

But what you are doing is making things up in your head.  The last three years (at least) they have hit the same or better with runners in scoring position.  Oh and in 2016 they were 5th in the league with runners in scoring position.  So no it wasn’t 2014.  So if you want to vent that’s fine, if you want to make stuff up, don’t get upset if you are called out for it.

What website are you looking at, the website I’m on has them 11th in 16 with 3.24 runners in scoring position left on per game. 

Im not making things up in my head, I looked it up 

2 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Well if it helps you any, I think all the wins are on the players as well.  I don’t care if they change managers, I defend him against nonsense, like pretending they perform worse with runners in scoring position.

Well than don’t just follow every single post I make and bitch that I’m venting, do it with others too. Do you even watch the games because you don’t comment about them, you only comment on other comments to start arguments it seems. 

Scioscia has little to do with this.  I know it's popular to dump on Mike but where us Upton?  Ohtani? Pujols? The rest of the lineup actually.  Kinsler and Trout were their offense...two dudes...no one else did shit.  Richards pitched amazing for 7 IP but they don't have a BP.  Who does Mike put instead of Parker?  Bedrosian?  Johnson?  Alvarez shit the bed as well.  Mike cannot hit or pitch.  Managers cannot win games for players.

2 minutes ago, TroutField said:

What website are you looking at, the website I’m on has them 11th in 16 with 3.24 runners in scoring position left on per game. 

Im not making things up in my head, I looked it up 

Sorry, I am looking up batting average with runners in scoring position versus batting average overall.  

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

Well than don’t just follow every single post I make and bitch that I’m venting, do it with others too. Do you even watch the games because you don’t comment about them, you only comment on other comments to start arguments it seems. 

Of course I watch the games.  

3 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Scioscia has little to do with this.  I know it's popular to dump on Mike but where us Upton?  Ohtani? Pujols? The rest of the lineup actually.  Kinsler and Trout were their offense...two dudes...no one else did shit.  Richards pitched amazing for 7 IP but they don't have a BP.  Who does Mike put instead of Parker?  Bedrosian?  Johnson?  Alvarez shit the bed as well.  Mike cannot hit or pitch.  Managers cannot win games for players.

Yep. This 25-man roster has maybe 8-9 actually good players and then the rest is a bunch of mediocrity or straight up crap

23 minutes ago, TroutField said:

@The Boogie Man are you going to jump on these guys for criticizing Scisocia since every loss is on the players and had nothing to do with the Manager? 

You must be a little young if don’t know how the working world operates yet, no offense. 100% of the jobs, not 99%, not 90%... 100% of the jobs that have a boss, manager, superviser, whatever... is responsible for the staff below him.

While Scioscia isn’t the one swinging, pitching or defending, he’s responsible for the proper training, coaching, morale, line up, calls from dugout, strategizing and having everyone in sync to minimize the bad play. 

Theo Epstein joins the Red Sox and they break their drought and win 2 World Series. He then joins the Cubs and have them win. It all stems from the top down.

Yes, it’s Scioscia’s fault, else what’s the point of having a manager.

Rant off

4 minutes ago, Kook said:

You must be a little young if don’t know how the working world operates yet, no offense. 100% of the jobs, not 99%, not 90%... 100% of the jobs that have a boss, manager, superviser, whatever... is responsible for the staff below him.

While Scioscia isn’t the one swinging, pitching or defending, he’s responsible for the proper training, coaching, morale, line up, calls from dugout, strategizing and having everyone in sync to minimize the bad play. 

Theo Epstein joins the Red Sox and they break their drought and win 2 World Series. He then joins the Cubs and have them win. It all stems from the top down.

Yes, it’s Scioscia’s fault, else what’s the point of having a manager.

Rant off

Yep, Scioscia needs to get on board with giving everyone on the 25 man roster a pre-game "rub and tug"...you know, for morale and strategizing and shit 

1 hour ago, TroutField said:

Bingo. I'm telling you, he is just a troll. He pretends to actually follow the games but instead just shreds people for their opinion.