• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official TROUTstanding Thread

Chuck

3 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Is Trout ditching the head first slide this season? I've noticed him sliding feet first in ST and now in the regular season. I haven't noticed him putting on his sliding glove either.

Good question! I’ll ask him about it at our lunch on Thursday.

On 3/30/2019 at 11:19 AM, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Is Trout ditching the head first slide this season? I've noticed him sliding feet first in ST and now in the regular season. I haven't noticed him putting on his sliding glove either.

He put it on yesterday. 

Mike Trout has 15 multi home run games.  He's hit 2 home runs in all of them.

I've been in attendance at three of them. Friday was the first one in Anaheim.   The other two were in Colorado and Seattle in a span of three days in 2015.  I was also in attendance when he hit 2 HR for the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes in the Cal League Playoffs.

He doesn't rank as high with 15 as he does in most other statistical categories.... which probably just makes him more awesome.  At his current pace of about two multi HR games per season, he may not even crack the top 30.   Two per season would put him at 38 for his career.  Babe Ruth had 72.  Barry Bonds had 71.  Other notables...  Dave Kingman 43....  Vladimir Guerrero 42

Here's something. I like WAR and use it all the time, but for some reason no one ever talks about WAR per 162 games played. It is either total career WAR or specific seasons. But what better way to compare players than to look at 162 game average? So I did this with a bunch of all-time greats and came up with the list below.

Fangraphs/162 games (minimum 1000 games played)

1. Babe Ruth 10.9

2. Mike Trout 10.0

3. Rogers Hornsby 9.3

4. Ted Williams 9.2

5. Barry Bonds 8.9

6. Lou Gehrig 8.7

7. Willie Mays 8.1

8. Honus Wagner 8.0

9. Joe DiMaggio 7.8

10. Dan Brouthers 7.7

11. Tris Speaker 7.6

12. Mickey Mantle 7.6

13. Ty Cobb 7.4

14. Buster Posey 7.2

15. Mike Schmidt 7.2

16. Jimmie Foxx 7.1

17. Roger Connor 7.0

18. Eddie Collins 6.9

19. Stan Musial 6.8

20. Nap Lajoie 6.8

OK, Mike Trout is good...really,, really good. But we knew this. 

Some surprises: the new catcher calculations have turned Buster Posey into the greatest catcher in major league history, at least pound-for-pound. Presumably his number will drop substantially as he ages. I was also surprised to see Joe DiMaggio so high, higher than Mantle and Cobb. I forget how short DiMaggio's career was.

Just missing the top 20 are Hank Aaron, Jackie Robinson, Mel Ott, Alex Rodriguez, Eddie Mathews, Arky Vaughan, etc.

• 2 weeks later...