• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Twins (5/13/2018) No Trout

4 hours ago, Ohtani&Trout said:

What’s the point of giving someone a day off if they’re going to still bat later in the game? Trout should’ve been the DH from the start. 

A few things, one if we are winning big or losing big he gets the day off.  Two if he is on the bench in that spot and Sosh doesn’t go to him and let’s Kole bat, guys like you will crucify him for it.  Three if this is how you feel, why can’t we understand why Ohtani can’t pinch hit the day before he pitches.  

1 hour ago, kantbserious said:

SO in the next three against the Asses we got Lance McWhatever his name is, Gerrit "2018 CY Young Winner" Cole, and Justin "Kate" Upton.  We're are screwed! And we thought us against the twins were frustrating! LOL.

Same three pitchers we faced in Houston?

7 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Parker definitely has more experience, but he will never be a dominant closer.  Anderson has way more upside in my opinion.  I'd give the closer job to Anderson and give him a long leash.  The Angels are obviously going conservative (not overpaying for a closer in May) and playing for a wild card spot, which is fine because that is practically a lock for us.  Mariners, Jays, Twins are not contenders this year.  I say let Anderson grow into the closer role for the rest of the season to get ready for the playoffs.

I strongly disagree.  All three have a chance to be contenders, with the Twins having a very legitimate chance.  We are more talented than they are, but we don't have the luxury of facing the White Sox, Royals, and Tigers a combined 55-60 times like they do.  I would not be surprised at all to see the Twins in the thick of things as the season draws to a close.

13 hours ago, kantbserious said:

SO in the next three against the Asses we got Lance McWhatever his name is, Gerrit "2018 CY Young Winner" Cole, and Justin "Kate" Upton.  We're are screwed! And we thought us against the twins were frustrating! LOL.

Yeah, but we escape Charlie "Cy" Morton.

We'll beat McWhatever, get shut out by Cole, then beat Verlander in a 16-inning game 2-1.

I'm calling it, we take the series!

Edited by fan_since79

11 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Oakland has a better team than Seattle.  Their ceiling is low as well IMO.

11 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I would not be shocked at all if the Twins are sellers at the deadline.

Wh...wh...what??!!??

I guess I'd start with the fact that Seattle is currently sitting just 1-1/2 games back of us, 1/4 of the way through the season, with Oakland 5 back and fading. And the Twins are currently just 1-1/2 games out of the division lead (not just a wildcard) with a demonstratively easier schedule the rest of the year (AL Central) after a horrible start, and coming off a split with us at home. To classify them as 'sellers' just strikes me as..... premature?

I would agree with your conclusions - but I don't think either of them will be able to justify to their fan base throwing in the towel now. So, we're back to waiting for the trade deadline when everyone reassesses their chances. So, as you said, the Twins (and also Seattle) COULD be sellers at the deadline, if at that time they conclude they are hopelessly out of it. But we still have to get from point A to point B - that's 2-1/2 months to figure out how to navigate.

1 minute ago, Pablo said:

I would agree with your conclusions - but I don't think either of them will be able to justify to their fan base throwing in the towel now. So, we're back to waiting for the trade deadline when everyone reassesses their chances. So, as you said, the Twins (and also Seattle) COULD be sellers at the deadline, if at that time they conclude they are hopelessly out of it. But we still have to get from point A to point B - that's 2-1/2 months to figure out how to navigate.

I dont think it's in Dipotos DNA to sell vets for prospects.  He would probably be a buyer