• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calhoun's bat is colder than a pimp's heart

Glen

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

WTF? This was supposed to be his bounce-back season. He's one more bad night from dipping below the Mendoza line. 

Just venting.

He needs to bunt against the shift. The Red Sox were begging him to do it last night and he wouldn't just take his base. 

The point about streaky hitters is right though. When he has that two-week stretch of hitting the cover off the ball, all will be forgiven.

But I hate this kind of streakiness, because we have to endure one month or more of awfulness night after night. It's getting to the point where he may need to reevaluate his entire approach to be more consistent. Isn't that where the hitting coach comes into the picture?

Edited by fan_since79

13 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

He needs to bunt against the shift. The Red Sox were begging him to do it last night and he wouldn't just take his base. 

Valbuena did that last night. If you want to force teams to play straight up you have to swallow pride and play for the cheap hit instead of swing out of your cleats every at bat. Save that shit for when they've abandoned shifting. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Valbuena did that last night. If you want to force teams to play straight up you have to swallow pride and play for the cheap hit instead of swing out of your cleats every at bat. Save that shit for when they've abandoned shifting. 

Yep. I think they were shifting Calhoun even harder than LV. LV's bunt wasn't great, but it didn't have to be. Calhoun could do the same thing.

Might as well start (insert random AAA players name here) and you would be getting more production. Are you going to tell me that joe shmoe with a glove and a bat couldn't do what he's doing? Why is it that the guy who is responsible for making this change cant see it, but random baseball fans online can?

The worst part about this all is the lack of urgency in getting this rectified. Games lost in April have the same bearing as games lost in September. I'm sure we will get the "hes working on things and turning pages" bs. He'll then get a day off to clear his head. Followed up by moving him to the 8 hole where he should have already been.

5 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Might as well start (insert random AAA players name here) and you would be getting more production. Are you going to tell me that joe shmoe with a glove and a bat couldn't do what he's doing? Why is it that the guy who is responsible for making this change cant see it, but random baseball fans online can?

The worst part about this all is the lack of urgency in getting this rectified. Games lost in April have the same bearing as games lost in September. I'm sure we will get the "hes working on things and turning pages" bs. He'll then get a day off to clear his head. Followed up by moving him to the 8 hole where he should have already been.

The problem is Baseball is so long that you can’t just yank someone because they had a bad week or two stretch. But after a month or two of bad baseball they have to consider it

56 minutes ago, Blarg said:

And it’s not like he’s Pujols, who would even have trouble beating out a bunt against the shift.   Cold Calhoun would beat it out easily for a hit.