• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question re: cord cutting

3 hours ago, halomatt said:

How are you liking it? 

Well, on my phone it works great. I like the content and being able to watch Angels games. 

I also bought Roku and Hulu hasn't been working. I'm told Roku did an upgrade causing problems with Hulu. Don't know when it will be resolved. Very frustrating. Roku is good otherwise. Tons of good content.

Otherwise, I like it. 

49 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Well, on my phone it works great. I like the content and being able to watch Angels games. 

I also bought Roku and Hulu hasn't been working. I'm told Roku did an upgrade causing problems with Hulu. Don't know when it will be resolved. Very frustrating. Roku is good otherwise. Tons of good content.

Otherwise, I like it. 

Weird, Hulu Live works fine on our Roku TV.

I just went back to cable. I had YTTV last year to watch the Angels, dropped it to get Hulu live for this year. I liked each service but missed the ease of quickly flipping through stations. 

I still had cable service with a scaled-down channel lineup. I called my cable service to see if I could get just one addition station, Fox Sports West, and they end up upgrading me to a full channel lineup for less than what I was previously paying, plus upgrading me to better cable boxes and remote. Although I still have my streaming services, I just like the ease of cable TV.. 

Now I pay $130/mo for internet (100mbps) + TV + land line. I don't think that's too bad. But we'll see in another year once they jack up the prices again. 

• 2 months later...

Well, the other shoe has finally dropped.  Now Hulu has lost FSW too:

Starting on October 23, 2020 Hulu will no longer have the rights to distribute certain Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) that are currently included with your Hulu + Live TV plan.

While we were unable to reach an agreement with Sinclair Broadcast Group to continue offering channels like your Fox Sports RSN, YES Network, and Marquee Network, the good news is that you will continue to have access to a wide variety of sports from other popular channels including ESPN, TNT, and TBS, as well as FS1 and FS2.

1 hour ago, well_red said:

Well, the other shoe has finally dropped.  Now Hulu has lost FSW too:

Starting on October 23, 2020 Hulu will no longer have the rights to distribute certain Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) that are currently included with your Hulu + Live TV plan.

While we were unable to reach an agreement with Sinclair Broadcast Group to continue offering channels like your Fox Sports RSN, YES Network, and Marquee Network, the good news is that you will continue to have access to a wide variety of sports from other popular channels including ESPN, TNT, and TBS, as well as FS1 and FS2.

well bye GIF

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 9:43 AM, well_red said:

Are they going to reduce the cost of the subscription?

• 3 months later...