• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question re: cord cutting

I still have cable.  Spectrum.  Have looked into getting rid of it several times, but the regional sports and MLB Network are important to me.  ATT tv would provide those, but only cut my bill by about $10-15.  And I'd lose a few things, including HBO and Showtime.   RSN could also get dropped from ATT at any time, it seems... it's happened with several streaming services.

2 hours ago, ScottT said:

I still have cable.  Spectrum.  Have looked into getting rid of it several times, but the regional sports and MLB Network are important to me.  ATT tv would provide those, but only cut my bill by about $10-15.  And I'd lose a few things, including HBO and Showtime.   RSN could also get dropped from ATT at any time, it seems... it's happened with several streaming services.

What is your monthly bill?

• 1 month later...

Thought I could fight the good fight but spent last week at the in-laws and they had MLB package so watched a ton of Angels.  Realized I'm not going to go the whole summer without the Angels on every night.  Got home and signed up for AT&T TV.  Seems pretty similar to Sling/YoutubeTV/Hulu etc.  $85 a month is ridiculous but it does have the Lakers station and HBO Max is free for a year, so price-wise it's pretty similar to what I've been forking over every month.  

On 2/27/2021 at 8:13 PM, ScottT said:

Streaming a game right now through my TV.  I have a great internet connection and a newer tv.  The picture was great for a while but now it's choppy as fuck.  Nothing else using my network.

Are you going through a VPN?  Heck, it could be the tv, it could be the internet connection within your house (depending on if it's wired vs not wired), router, etc.  

Part of the problem with sports, is it's live.  There is no buffer like movies and tv shows.  With movies and tv shows, it will download as much as it can to create a buffer.  So that when your internet goes wonky, you won't see any difference because you will start going into the already downloaded content.  With sports, there is no such buffer, so when your internet or the feed or the Rona trying to eat your cables happens, you see every bit of it.  

• 3 months later...

Finally cut the cord (again) with ATT/Directv. They raised my bill to $160 AND took away my $25 monthly customer service credit because I made changes to my account; but quickly reverted back to my old settings. They said they couldn't add them again or re adjust the price. $120 to cancel v. $160/month through 3/2022.

Now question is...how do I watch Angels' games? Is Reddit still a good option? Anyone have any info, my DM box is open for suggestions please. 

22 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Finally cut the cord (again) with ATT/Directv. They raised my bill to $160 AND took away my $25 monthly customer service credit because I made changes to my account; but quickly reverted back to my old settings. They said they couldn't add them again or re adjust the price. $120 to cancel v. $160/month through 3/2022.

Now question is...how do I watch Angels' games? Is Reddit still a good option? Anyone have any info, my DM box is open for suggestions please. 

Check you DM. Warning though what I just sent you has nothing to do with what you asked. 

On 7/26/2021 at 9:22 AM, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I've been watching Angel Games on AT&T Live TV. $85 per month, which includes a free year of HBO Max. Not ideal, but whatever.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

This is why you can't afford to buy a house in OC

Hey, I'd rather "enjoy" Angels baseball and be kind of poor than be kind of less poor and not watch the games, and still not be able to afford real estate.