• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question re: cord cutting

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

VPN and tmobile or MLB subscription.  

How does VPN help you watch Angels games if you live in the area?  I have an MLB subscription and Angels games are blacked out for me.

6 minutes ago, T.G. said:

How does VPN help you watch Angels games if you live in the area?  I have an MLB subscription and Angels games are blacked out for me.

You use the VPN to route your internet traffic through Africa. MLB thinks, 'wow, there are a ton of Angels fans in Zimbabwe!' while you sit back and watch your Angels lose 8-5 black out free.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

You use the VPN to route your internet traffic through Africa. MLB thinks, 'wow, there are a ton of Angels fans in Zimbabwe!' while you sit back and watch your Angels lose 8-5 black out free.

I assume you're half serious...

I have no idea how to re-route my internet...

VPN is a program in a way that routes your internet connection through various servers.  So when you turn the program on, and connect to a server, your encrypted data goes to their servers in a peer to peer fashion, and then out to the web.  What MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL, Netflix, CIA, FBI etc see is that server connecting to the web.  Whether it be located in Seattle, LA, NY, Zimbabwe, etc.  They don't see you connecting to that server.  So you get around the blackout by someone in Seattle connecting and watching the game, even when you are the one watching the game in Socal.  

I'm actually cable cutting the cable cutting. We were talking about this in another thread or forum. I got Youtube TV just to watch sports, have Sportscenter or the like on in the background while I work, or something to put on and take a nap to but everything really sucks for $65/mo.

Most of the sports I watch I have to "stream" anyway because I refuse to have 8 different apps to watch the same four sports teams and all the over seas soccer games and UFC aren't on them anyway.

I also realized I simply don't watch tv or anything like I used to. I'm way behind on just what I do have in Netflix, Amazon, HBO Max, and Hulu.

Regular Youtube has also rewired my brain. I notice I'm conscious or hesitant to start a new series or movie because of the time commitment when I can just watch a 9 minute video about Keto or a podcast with a doctor about sleep or comedy podcast. I even have it up for companion viewing of Manchester United games or UFC fights and notice I watch these more than the actual events at some moments.