• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dick Enberg has passed away

Thomas

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

So many memories: the Ryan no-hitters, Wright's no-hitter, Ryan’s 383rd K in 1973, the Packers/Rams blocked punt game the same day as the Queen Mary docking, Merlin Olsen’s last Rams home game, and for years NFL games and Wimbledon

And then years later, a sort of sound alike appears in Al Conin.

R.I.P. Mr. Oh My.

In tribute, Ohtani’s gloss: OhMyTani

Thanks for the memories, AO. That '67 season was still the greatest in LA Rams history, at least in my memory. We beat Green Bay and the Unitas-led Colts that year. 

Most of the "Oh Mys" that I remember from Enberg were during UCLA basketball games of the Alcindor era. 

So many idols are passing, now. 

Think of how lucky we were to be sports fans in the 60s and 70s. We could listen to the greatest sportscasters of all time in Scully and Chick Hearn, along with Ram and Angel and UCLA games with Dick Enberg. What a time!!!!

20 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Thanks for the memories, AO. That '67 season was still the greatest in LA Rams history, at least in my memory. We beat Green Bay and the Unitas-led Colts that year. 

Most of the "Oh Mys" that I remember from Enberg were during UCLA basketball games of the Alcindor era. 

So many idols are passing, now. 

Think of how lucky we were to be sports fans in the 60s and 70s. We could listen to the greatest sportscasters of all time in Scully and Chick Hearn, along with Ram and Angel and UCLA games with Dick Enberg. What a time!!!!

That was a fun time to listen to the different sporting events in SoCal.   Have to add Bob Miller to that group, as he started working in 1973.

I barely remember him calling games.  I was so young that I didn’t know whether he was good or not.  Obviously over the years I’ve heard him announce other teams and other sports and later realized how great he was.  Such an easy voice to listen too. Like many of you, my brother grew up on Enberg and Drysdale and feel like they were the best.  RIP.