• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia's last year?

jordan

I don't loathe Mike Scioscia and I certainly don't love him.

Is there room in this subject for those of us who say he has been fine but would welcome a change?

Is it OK to say I'm just ready to move on without hating him?  I sure liked Christie Brinkley in swimsuits, and frankly she still looks good for her age, but if I am looking for a cover model today it's gonna be somebody else.

Mike has done as good a job as he can do, and it is what it is.

I'm just ready to start the next chapter.

I think he has been a good manager, I would welcome a change.   That doesn’t mean I think he has been shit, it doesn’t mean I think he’s the greatest, and I certainly don’t think he is a problem.  This forum is the main reason I want to see a change.  It would be nice to see someone else just to change the conversation on here.  Then again, we still talk about Napoli vs Mathis, so perhaps things won’t change after all.  

6 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Is there room in this subject for those of us who say he has been fine but would welcome a change?

Is it OK to say I'm just ready to move on without hating him?  I sure liked Christie Brinkley in swimsuits, and frankly she still looks good for her age, but if I am looking for a cover model today it's gonna be somebody else.

i don't know if we need some kind of official or legal action, but i submit to all of you that this should be the LAST time that scioscia and christie brinkley are every again used in some kind of comparison on this message board.

13 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Mike has done as good a job as he can do, and it is what it is.

I'm just ready to start the next chapter.

Oh come on.  Do you really think we're going to believe that?  You would do Christie Brinkley in a nano second.

• 4 weeks later...

"At the end of last season, I sat down with Mike, and the first thing he said was, 'Hey, do you guys want me back next season?'" Eppler said. "I said, 'Yeah, you're coming back if you want to.' He said, 'OK, yeah, let's do that.'

"Then he said, 'As for anything beyond that, let's table all that, we'll talk about it at the end of next season.' I said, 'OK.' That was it. He said, 'It will all work itself out; let's just focus on winning in 2018,' so that's our mindset."

LA Times

8 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

"At the end of last season, I sat down with Mike, and the first thing he said was, 'Hey, do you guys want me back next season?'" Eppler said. "I said, 'Yeah, you're coming back if you want to.' He said, 'OK, yeah, let's do that.'

"Then he said, 'As for anything beyond that, let's table all that, we'll talk about it at the end of next season.' I said, 'OK.' That was it. He said, 'It will all work itself out; let's just focus on winning in 2018,' so that's our mindset."

LA Times

I really think this team has to win a postseason series (not a one game WC game) in order for Scioscia to be back. 

On 12/18/2017 at 4:34 PM, LHalo said:

Let's see how this year plays out. If he wins the division and we get to the ALCS I wouldn't be against extending him.

Now flame me.

Unless we have a bunch of injuries, then I think Sosh has to get this team to the playoffs in order to get an extension. It's a hard decision if we did have a lot of injuries.

On 12/18/2017 at 7:23 PM, well_red said:

Should be a year-to-year decision, one year rolling contract.  It would be best for everyone.  

I don't see how Scioscia, with his reputation, only gets a 1-year contract. I think if we renew his contract it has to be at least for 3 years.

30 minutes ago, Torridd said:

Would one of you more knowledgeable fans do a pro/con breakdown on Scioscia?

Downside:

Slow starts year after year

Bullpen Management (which isn't real based on stats)

Prefers veterans (more of an issue in the past than now)

Albert in the 3 hole/4 hole

Not fiery enough 

Too many line ups

Teams don't do well in playoffs

Too much power

Predictable

Too aggressive on the base paths 

Upside:

Well liked by players

Respected around the league

Consistent

Knows the rules better than anyone else

Does a great job through adversity

Had more power than Dipoto (this has turned out to be a very good thing)

Aggressive on the base paths, forces mistakes

19 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Somebody please translate this for me, because it makes zero sense on the face of it.

Someone would, if it were possible.  I say lets run it through some type of computer program, then auto translate or correction might help.

The other option is to send it to Mota, he knows a lot about this type of English.

24 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Downside:

Slow starts year after year

Bullpen Management (which isn't real based on stats)

Prefers veterans (more of an issue in the past than now)

Albert in the 3 hole/4 hole

Not fiery enough 

Too many line ups

Teams don't do well in playoffs

Too much power

Predictable

Too aggressive on the base paths 

Upside:

Well liked by players

Respected around the league

Consistent

Knows the rules better than anyone else

Does a great job through adversity

Had more power than Dipoto (this has turned out to be a very good thing)

Aggressive on the base paths, forces mistakes

Thanks, Strad.

I'm sure I am missing some things, but I tried to be fair and balanced on both sides.  I don't hate him, don't love him.  I defend him against some blowhards.  I think if he came back it would make me laugh because he somehow bothers people.  But I have to admit I am ready for a change for no other reason than change itself.  I don't want to see a boring manager that never runs or never hit and runs.  I will take the occasional ugly out for a little excitement.  

16 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Someone would, if it were possible.  I say lets run it through some type of computer program, then auto translate or correction might help.

The other option is to send it to Mota, he knows a lot about this type of English.

Good point. I hadn't thought of our good friend Jose. That might be just the ticket.