• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia's last year?

jordan

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think Scioscia is gone if he doesn't at least get this team to the ALCS. 

Eppler can hire a guy who is all about advanced stats/metrics. Someone with experience playing ball, someone younger and one who understands how to properly evaluate talent in this day and age. 

Even if we have a lot of injuries?

32 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Trout looked happy rooting for a winner (the Eagles). Why would Trout want to play for a manager who hasn't managed a postseason win since 2009?

Scioscia would like Trout to not dissappear in the playoffs or playoff hunt in September. Maybe that would help both out. 

11 hours ago, Blarg said:

Scioscia would like Trout to not dissappear in the playoffs or playoff hunt in September. Maybe that would help both out. 

Ya you're right, Trout has been killing this teams playoff chances since 2002 and it times for a change.  I think Scioscia's abysmal playoff record will improve once Trout's gone. Trade Trout, extend Scioscia, Win!.

4 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

It's never Scioscia's fault, my 98 year old grandmother  called the play before the pitch. 

Scioscia's biggest downfall is how easily the other team can predict what he's going to do.  You can get away with that over a long season because sometimes the team can overcome it.  But the playoffs are when every single predictable move or play can cost you winning the series.

6 minutes ago, Rico said:

This is Scioscia's last year before he signs a new lifetime contract.

As much as I’m ready for a change, a lifetime contract would be pretty awesome. 

If it will bother the people who blame Scioscia for poor player execution then I’m probably alright with him hanging around.  It’s just strange that it somehow is the managers fault when a player can’t lay down a bunt.  Or it’s the managers fault when our two best players don’t do anything in a playoff series. Or when we lose to better teams in the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I see that Bob is already in mid-season form.

This thread does not disappoint.

Well we are talking about a guy that’s still upset and brings up things Scioscia did wrong (in his eyes) in the 2002 World Series.  So I’d say his commitment to hating Sosh is pretty strong.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well we are talking about a guy that’s still upset and brings up things Scioscia did wrong (in his eyes) in the 2002 World Series.  So I’d say his commitment to hating Sosh is pretty strong.  

That decision to have Jose Molina bunt with one out in Game 6 is still a head scratcher.

Scioscia is a decent enough manager on balance, but certainly not one of the most brilliant as many seem to believe. I really hope he's not extended especially if we miss the playoffs again. It's time for a change after so many (mostly frustrating) seasons. I'm tired of coming up short every year. 2009 was a long time ago.