• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia's last year?

jordan

Like I've stated before a few times on here, Scioscia did a very good job as manager last year. Angels still were in the WC hunt despite all the injuries and a lot of key guys who underperformed. Yes, there were a lot of decisions that Scioscia made that I did not agree with like batting Pujols behind Trout and not Simmons or how he did not let guys move runners by bunting since they had trouble even hitting last year outside of a few guys but overall, he did a darn good job and would have gotten a decent amount of votes for AL Manager of the Year if the team had made the postseason.

But if the Angels miss the postseason this year, and not a lot of injuries to guys on the team occur, he's going to be fired.

3 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Like I've stated before a few times on here, Scioscia did a very good job as manager last year. Angels still were in the WC hunt despite all the injuries and a lot of key guys who underperformed. Yes, there were a lot of decisions that Scioscia made that I did not agree with like batting Pujols behind Trout and not Simmons or how he did not let guys move runners by bunting since they had trouble even hitting last year outside of a few guys but overall, he did a darn good job and would have gotten a decent amount of votes for AL Manager of the Year if the team had made the postseason.

But if the Angels miss the postseason this year, and not a lot of injuries to guys on the team occur, he's going to be fired.

Won't be fired.   Contract is up.  They may not wish to extend him another contract but he can't get fired. 

Correction....he could get fired mid year.

8 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

I hate Mays, he was the only player who wouldn't give me an autograph, 1966 All-Star game. I was 5 years old, what a prick.

He obviously knew what kind of an adult you would become and didn't waste his time. 

In 1966 I was watching the Angels play from the 2nd deck of the new stadium. Sure wish I could have attended the All Star game in St. Louis. Rick Reichardt should have been on that roster, leading every rookie in every statistical catagorey at the time. 

13 hours ago, Blarg said:

He obviously knew what kind of an adult you would become and didn't waste his time. 

In 1966 I was watching the Angels play from the 2nd deck of the new stadium. Sure wish I could have attended the All Star game in St. Louis. Rick Reichardt should have been on that roster, leading every rookie in every statistical catagorey at the time. 

If not for the kidney issue, who knows how great Reichardt could have become.    Sooo very talented

Hank: "Hey Stan, is it true that you never turn down an autograph request from a kid after a game, no matter what?"

Stan: "Yeah, that's true. Young fans think of us as heroes and we wouldn't want to disappoint them."

Ted: "Hey, Willie turns down requests all the time. Isn't that true, Willie?"

Willie: "Yeah, Ted. Especially if the kid is a brat or I'm having a bad day."

Ted: "You better be careful, Willie. You never know if some kid is going to carry a grudge over something like that, especially if he's really young. That could come back to haunt you years later."

Willie: "Heck, I don't care. Nobody's gonna remember stuff like that. They're just kids!"

Willie+company1959.jpg

Edited by fan_since79