• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 MLB Winter Meetings thread

Ohtaniland

4 minutes ago, ettin said:

You could expand it too, to include Asdrubal Cabrera for 3B or 2B. Harvey + Cabrera for Bedrosian + prospect(s)?

You think they would be willing to move Cabrera? They are in the market for help at second base as well and seem to be looking to contend this year, I doubt they cough up Asdrubal unless the prospect haul is something out of the Angels comfort level.

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Maybe, but what about the next year and the next? Im not against going with bandaids...but i feel like weve done that too much the last few years. Kinsler may or may not bring a decent value next year, but hes not a solution.

Good point, and hopefully they would have a plan in place for 2B down the road.   I'm surprised they haven't drafted a 2B with range, some speed and OBP, and some sock in his bat potential.   Maitan seems to project more as a 3B.   How about Soto?

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Good point, and hopefully they would have a plan in place for 2B down the road.   I'm surprised they haven't drafted a 2B with range, some speed and OBP, and some sock in his bat potential.   Maitan seems to project more as a 3B.   How about Soto?

I suspect they are going to bandaid with kinsler this year and then try to get dozier, lowrie, or murphy next year. But, yeah, I'd rather have one from in-house.

Wasn't that crappy Dipoto international pick a 2b?

*Edit, nope, baldoquin is a SS.

29 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Where is this Kinsler at 3rd base rumour coming from? I haven’t seen that.

He’s only played 2 innings in his entire ML career at 3rd...

When it was first reported that the Angels and Mets (and 'others') were interested in Kinsler it was also mentioned that one, or maybe even some, inquiring teams asked about his openness to playing 3B.

Edit: closest I could find in a pinch https://theathletic.com/161987/2017/11/21/teams-interested-in-ian-kinsler-and-not-just-at-second-base/

*I think the chances of us getting Herendez are pretty slim due to the price take. We'll most likely look at either Kinsler or Harrison and personally I am really high on getting Harrison. 2 sign reed to a 3-4 yr contract worth 30- 32 mill, than get Mcgee for 2yrs 14 mil.

I'll think we should wait out and see if Moore's price drops.

1 minute ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

*I think the chances of us getting Herendez are pretty slim due to the price take. We'll most likely look at either Kinsler or Harrison and personally I am really high on getting Harrison. 2 sign reed to a 3-4 yr contract worth 30- 32 mill, than get Mcgee for 2yrs 14 mil.

I'll think we should wait out and see if Moore's price drops.

i'd be pretty happy with Harrison.

if its true that we have to trade Skaggs/Heaney Jones and like Barria or Canning for Hernandez.  I guess pass.  Even though i'd love to bring him into the fold.

14 minutes ago, totdprods said:

When it was first reported that the Angels and Mets (and 'others') were interested in Kinsler it was also mentioned that one, or maybe even some, inquiring teams asked about his openness to playing 3B.

Edit: closest I could find in a pinch https://theathletic.com/161987/2017/11/21/teams-interested-in-ian-kinsler-and-not-just-at-second-base/

Hmm would definitely keep options open if we acquired Kinsler with him being open to playing 3rd pending how the rest of the offseason shaped up. 

LeMahieu and Kinsler would make for a pretty deep lineup

Why trade when you can just sign a free agent? I understand the appeal of a guy like LeMahieu or Hernandez, they are inexpensive but will cost a lot in prospects because of that, but Kinsler was not very good last year. And he is owed a significant chunk of change, so why trade for him when you could just sign a guy like Cozart or Walker?

If they don't get a really good deal in a trade, then just sign a free agent. 

Why not sign Cozart for 3rd and Walker for 2nd? Cozart can play three infield positions, probably with spectacular defense, and start the majority of the time at 3rd but fill in for Walker at 2nd if need be. (And Simmons at short). 

I think Walker could play 1st too, but you have Pujols, Valbuena, and Cron, plus Calhoun before he'd need to.

I know both Walker and Cozart didn't play full seasons because of injury concerns, but they are both versatile, affordable bats.

Mike Moustakas meets with the Angels

Jeff FletcherVerified account @JeffFletcherOCR 10h10 hours ago

Can confirm that the #Angels have had discussions with Mike Moustakas. This should surprise exactly no one, since they talk to everyone and he's a natural fit, but there it is. Nothing with Moustakas-Angels seems to be hot at the moment.

https://www.royalsreview.com/2017/12/11/16762692/royals-rumors-eric-hosmer-mike-moustakas-jackie-bradley-kelvin-herrera-matt-adams

This is not surprising at all. The Angels seem determined to finally put a good team around Mike Trout. Keeping Justin Upton, adding Shohei Ohtani, and slotting Moose at third would make this off-season a huge win for them. They need a third baseman. They need a left-handed power bat. Moose grew up just over an hour away from Angel Stadium. This move makes too much sense.

In addition, the Giants were seen as the primary challengers to the Angels for Moustakas, and there now seem to be hangups from the Giants over going over the luxury tax threshold. Either way, it seems very likely at this point that Moose will be headed to his native California.

8 hours ago, nando714 said:

At this point Eppler is just trying to get moose to take a little less for the better of the franchise

i think moose wants to be in LA and the angels want him here , it’s just working through the kinks at this moment 

I don't doubt Moose wants to be here I just don’t see how Moose fits the Eppler mold.

Moose has a career .305 OBP, that’s not good considering the money he’ll likely fetch.

Even Starlin Castro has a higher career OBP at .320