• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 MLB Winter Meetings thread

Ohtaniland

51 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I can't remember the last time I was looking forward to seeing what the Angels' GM would do at a winter meeting.  Most of the time before this, I worried about previous GM's being swept up in all of the excitement and do stupid stuff.

It will also be interesting to see what the Mariners ownership allows Dipoto to do moving forward. 

D5A06F4E-7CC7-4D1F-BFAC-6EA66A5670DB.png

1FC38EF3-B205-4C14-9FD3-7C793E166B1A.jpeg

1 minute ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Hoping to walk away with Moose, Hernandez, and a starter...(Yu, please...) or CC is fine, too..

Yeah... Same here. If we can add Moustakas, Hernandez and CC or another solid guy in the rotation, I'd be really happy. 

Though I'd really like to get one more late inning reliever too. 

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Is it possible the Angels sign both Morrison and Moustakas?

Morrison plays 1B on days Ohtani pitches and his day before and day after, pinch hitter late? Insurance in case Ohtani struggles on the offensive side of things?

I'd say no.  We have Valbuena already as a LH power hitting corner infielder.  Assuming Pujols plays 1B 1-2 times a week this year, we can somewhat platoon him with Morrison, who would be quite a bit cheaper than Moose and wouldn't cost us a draft pick, either.  Valbuena can play 3B and platoon over there.

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah... Same here. If we can add Moustakas, Hernandez and CC or another solid guy in the rotation, I'd be really happy. 

Though I'd really like to get one more late inning reliever too. 

I still think Addison Reed would be a great fit. Grew up a big K-Rod and Percival fan. Him and Moose on hometown discounts would be great, and with the Angels excitement right now, they may take it.

Rangers are making a lot of interesting and solid moves for their pitching staff. 

Ken RosenthalVerified account @Ken_Rosenthal 2m2 minutes ago

#Rangers sign free-agent RHP Chris Martin to two-year, $4M contract, sources tell The Athletic. Martin, 31, had 1.12 ERA in 88 relief innings last two years in Japan. Deal includes $550K in incentives each year based on games finished. Can become free agent at end of contract.