• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cesar Hernandez

Chuck

Just now, totdprods said:

Overpaying is so against the grain for Eppler though. 

True but that’s the case with most people.

I buy many cars at dealer auctions ... if the car checks all the boxes (in the wrapper)I usually have to over pay to buy it. It always brings in the most profit and sells the fasted. 

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m warming on Kipnis.  

If he can rediscover his pre-2016 offense, while still providing solid enough 2B defense, then a trade would make sense as it might not take much to get him if paying the whole $30 million through 2019.   

Also warming up to trading for Josh Harrison, who would be an ideal Scioscia guy with his versatility.

Can someone explain to me why this guy is so high on our list? He's 27, looks to be a solid, but not spectacular, offensive 2b. I don't know much about his defense. I don't see much in the way of projectability at this point. I just don't know much about him, I'm genuinely curious since there seems to be a quite a bit of fascination with the ugy.

2 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Can someone explain to me why this guy is so high on our list? He's 27, looks to be a solid, but not spectacular, offensive 2b. I don't know much about his defense. I don't see much in the way of projectability at this point. I just don't know much about him, I'm genuinely curious since there seems to be a quite a bit of fascination with the ugy.

The team needs a lead off hitter and a 2nd baseman and he has a great OBP.

12 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

So they can sell Cesar Hernandez salad at the stadium.

24 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Something to note about Hernandez are his home/away splits.

Home 2017 - .320/.407/.492/.899
Road 2017 - .270/.340/.356/.696 

His 2016 home/away splits are the opposite. His power was down a bit, but I wouldn't be worried about him hitting outside of philly.

Home 2016 -  260/.343/.361/.704

Road 2017 - .327/.398/.424/.823

Meanwhile, the Phillies are said to be setting a fairly lofty price tag on second baseman Cesar Hernandez, per Heyman (Twitter link). The 27-year-old switch-hitter has established himself as a quality regular with two consecutive seasons of above-average offensive production and quality glovework. He’s projected to take home $4.7MM this year and is eligible to be tendered contracts for two more seasons. Hernandez is arguably the most valuable of the second basemen that can reasonably be considered plausible trade candidates.

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I just wonder if what we've seen is what we're going to get with Hernandez or if he'll get better?

Also, will the Phillies GM work with Eppler or could there be hard feelings since Eppy dumped him since he was part of Dipoto's staff?

I didn't know he was dumped by Eppler. Thought he left when he got the Phillies GM position. Being a Dipoto guy, he might hold some bad feelings toward the Angels, and not want to do the Angels any favors concerning Hernandez.

Just read a tweet that said Avila, GM of the Tigers has had conversations with other clubs about Kinsler before and during the winter meetings, and expects a deal to get done.  Why do I think it’s going to be the Angels?  They’ve made two trades together in the last year.

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Just read a tweet that said Avila, GM of the Tigers has had conversations with other clubs about Kinsler before and during the winter meetings, and expects a deal to get done.  Why do I think it’s going to be the Angels?  They’ve made two trades together in the last year.

Kinsler is an obvious target, but he is not the sexiest name on our radar, so I'd be a little surprised if they struck this early on him. That said, he might be the best defensive second basemen available (though he is 35) and with Albert expected to get a lot of time at first the team might prioritize defense at second.

6 hours ago, SoWhat said:

His 2016 home/away splits are the opposite. His power was down a bit, but I wouldn't be worried about him hitting outside of philly.

Home 2016 -  260/.343/.361/.704

Road 2017 - .327/.398/.424/.823

Also his 3-year wRC+ average against LHP is 113 and against RHP 101. Both are above league average at 2B and he plays good defense there.

i feel that this board has fallen into a classic buyers trap. you have set your eyes on a single target, because it's what you want, and now you're finding yourselves contemplating a bidding war. let me tell you, fuuuuuck that.

there is no shortage of wonderful 2b to add, go get a good deal. 

kinsler? an excellent short term answer. not in any way similar to the band-aids of yesteryear. he said something that hurt your feelings one time? get over it.

kipnis? a hell of a great buy low addition.

harrison? go look at his yearly performance and tell me you don't like him as an addition.

cozart? him and simmons up the middle? good lord, that's a black hole.

the list goes on... stay on point. if philly doesn't want to make a deal at our price, then move on.