• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Pursuing Ohtani

totdprods

Quick question, why is Ohtani having his meeting in LA? is it because his agency is located here or would Ohtani like to stay towards the west coast? Well what ever the reason is, just the fact that's he in LA gives us a head start on signing him. Its going to be interesting seeing who we bring with us to the meetings?  probably Trout, Pujols, and Richards. 

43 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Quick question, why is Ohtani having his meeting in LA? is it because his agency is located here or would Ohtani like to stay towards the west coast? Well what ever the reason is, just the fact that's he in LA gives us a head start on signing him. Its going to be interesting seeing who we bring with us to the meetings?  probably Trout, Pujols, and Richards. 

His agent is based in LA. 

19 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Also, keep Scioscia far away from any meeting.

"I plan on pulling you in the 7th during every shutout start in favor of Fernando Salas because that's just what I do. I will also never DH you ahead of our 44 year old .180 hitter because he was good in 2004.

This is right up there with your flat earth and 911 stuff.  I applaud your consistency. 

1 hour ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Also, keep Scioscia far away from any meeting.

"I plan on pulling you in the 7th during every shutout start in favor of Fernando Salas because I like to be predictable. I will also never let you hit against a lefthanded pitcher because it's already engraved in my mind that a lefty cant hit lefties."

Fixed for accuracy.

I’ll go on record that I think limiting his innings In season one would be a great idea based on the fact the game/schedule is different here.  My understand of the Japanese schedule is they have every Monday off and play the other six days.  So in essence he would pitch the same day each week.  Here in the states he could pitch three times in ten or eleven days.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I’ll go on record that I think limiting his innings In season one would be a great idea based on the fact the game/schedule is different here.  My understand of the Japanese schedule is they have every Monday off and play the other six days.  So in essence he would pitch the same day each week.  Here in the states he could pitch three times in ten or eleven days.  

I don’t remember it ever being brought up or if anybody ever asked your opinion.

:troll-arms-rage-smiley-emoticon:

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Japanese import pitchers like Dice K, Tanaka, and I believe Yu Darvish had arm problems so the extra innings pitched might have contributed.

11 minutes ago, California Cajun said:

Japanese import pitchers like Dice K, Tanaka, and I believe Yu Darvish had arm problems so the extra innings pitched might have contributed.

So have Skaggs, Heaney, Meyer, Bedrosian,Smith, Richards, Shoemaker, Bailey, Norris, Street, Morin . . . . . . and that was just in 2017 

14 minutes ago, Lou said:

So have Skaggs, Heaney, Meyer, Bedrosian,Smith, Richards, Shoemaker, Bailey, Norris, Street, Morin . . . . . . and that was just in 2017 

True, but you do have to question the ability of Japanese pitchers to adjust to MLB workloads. I think every Japanese starter has had arm issues, no? 

It might make sense to let him start one specific day per week, like he was doing in Japan.

26 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

True, but you do have to question the ability of Japanese pitchers to adjust to MLB workloads. I think every Japanese starter has had arm issues, no? 

It might make sense to let him start one specific day per week, like he was doing in Japan.

Then you have to question how we do things here since it seems every pitcher develops arm problems. 

except Nolasco 

44 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Don't remember Hasagawa ever having arm trouble with the Angels, tho he was a reliever.