• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Upton Signs New 5-Year, $106m Deal with Angels

totdprods

Just now, eligrba4ever said:

Left field? Check. 

Now let's get to the other important stuff. Second? Third? First? Rotation?

Eppler likes to get the biggest stuff done quickly. Remember Simba?

Upton wanted to come here before he signed with Detroit when Hambone was throttling the budget. He actually wants to be an Angel in the outfield.

I imagine second base and looking at retaining Petit and Norris is tied at priority #2.

The more intelligent members of this board have been predicting this for weeks (check my posts)...   :5252:

1. I have no inside info but my guess is that you hear Upton has re-upped for an additional year as soon as the Series is over....does not ever get to the opt out.....it makes too much sense for both sides, which may be why it doesn't happen....

38 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

And yet, Sosh will still bat Pujols behind Trout and ahead of Upton for next year and beyond, as long as Pujols is still on the team. 

Girardi will not be afraid to bat Pujols 9th. He did it to A-Rod.

2019 should be interesting

18 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Get moose!

I don’t get the love affair with Moose, even though he’ll cost a lot more I’d much rather have Hosmer.

Eppler is a OBP guy and if he makes a big splash I think it’ll be for the left handed hitting, high OBP, 28 year old.

I don’t think Thiass or Cron is a good enough reason not to sign Hosmer. 

Big fan of this deal.  Even if it doesn't mean Stanton, it gives us financial flexibility and I appreciate any player that is willing to structure a deal that helps us be more competitive in free agency or the trade market.  The fact it happened so quickly means Upton WANTS to be HERE.  No dicking around with a bidding war, and that helps to focus the front office for the remainder of the offseason.

More details from Fletcher.

Upton’s new deal will pay him $16 million in 2018, which is less than the $22.125 million he was scheduled to make, saving some money in actual payroll at the beginning of the deal. He will now make $18 million in 2019, $21 million in 2020, $23 million in 2021 and $19.5 million in 2022. The last season is after the expiration of Pujols’ $240-million deal. Upton will also receive an $8.5 million signing bonus.