• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Upton Signs New 5-Year, $106m Deal with Angels

totdprods

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Or kept in the system because most of them are 3 years away at least. 

Also this makes Calhoun expendable. I honestly expect him to get packaged for a starter now.

We have enough OF prospect depth on that similar timeline that we can afford to deal from it. 

I could see Calhoun being dealt and a guy like Jay Bruce or Brantley, or Cabrera, Granderson, or CarGo being considered, but don't think it's too likely. 

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

We have enough OF prospect depth on that similar timeline that we can afford to deal from it. 

I could see Calhoun being dealt and a guy like Jay Bruce or Brantley, or Cabrera, Granderson, or CarGo being considered, but don't think it's too likely. 

Well I was thinking Calhoun and Rodriguez for a legit 2/3 starter and Herm taking his place. 

Of course getting Stanton would be ideal but I just don't see it happening.

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Well I was thinking Calhoun and Rodriguez for a legit 2/3 starter and Herm taking his place. 

Of course getting Stanton would be ideal but I just don't see it happening.

I'm having a hard time finding a team that has the SP depth to deal an arm of that caliber that also has a need for someone like Kole, especially one that couldn't just sign an OF. Not sure they would rush Herm to a starting role either. He seems destined to come up and get some 4th OF experience and be first up if injury strikes. A one year vet 4th OF would be best to start the year.

I know it's wildly unlikely but I still feel there's a legit shot at Stanton. The Angels are obviously trying to open up as much payroll as possible. 

7 minutes ago, Lou said:

With Upton signed, the Angels have a starting outfield under contract for at least three years. 

Definitely opens up some trade bait talks with Jones and Hermosillo Calhoun I would imagine.

I've been on the 'Trade Kole' train for the past few years and there's no shortage of Calhoun trade ideas that I've proposed in that time...

But I'm having a real hard time finding theoretical Calhoun trades this offseason. He struggled enough this year, and became slightly more expensive, to a level that I think dinged his trade value enough to net the type of pitcher we'd want. 

The best Kole trade scenario I see would be should the Diamondbacks miss out on J.D. Martinez, which is likely, in return for a SP and/or mid-infielder.

Jones is going to have more interest for the type of SP that I would expect Eppler to look for in a trade, a Simmons-esque equivalent. 

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I've been on the 'Trade Kole' train for the past few years and there's no shortage of Calhoun trade ideas that I've proposed in that time...

But I'm having a real hard time finding theoretical Calhoun trades this offseason. He struggled enough this year, and became slightly more expensive, to a level that I think dinged his trade value enough to net the type of pitcher we'd want. 

The best Kole trade scenario I see would be should the Diamondbacks miss out on J.D. Martinez, which is likely, in return for a SP and/or mid-infielder.

Jones is going to have more interest for the type of SP that I would expect Eppler to look for in a trade, a Simmons-esque equivalent. 

So what you're saying is, we should go hard for Martinez, and force the DBs to trade away a middle infielder for Calhoun? I like it. Makes for a stupid-powerful outfield.

3 minutes ago, krAbs said:

So what you're saying is, we should go hard for Martinez, and force the DBs to trade away a middle infielder for Calhoun? I like it. Makes for a stupid-powerful outfield.

Martinez is gonna get stupid money and isn't good defensively. Impressive what he has done, but I've never really been too interested in acquiring him.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Martinez is gonna get stupid money and isn't good defensively. Impressive what he has done, but I've never really been too interested in acquiring him.

Yeah, you're probably right. I was just looking at his defensive stats and they are kinda depressing. Though, isn't there is a lot of OF free agent talent available this year? May drive his price down a bit.

3 hours ago, Tyler said:

Sounds like they will be busy this offseason. Darvish next? Stanton? Both? Good times in So CAL!

Why the hell would we want Darvish?  Especially after his two WS appearances.  Darvish did well with the Dogs because NL hitter were unfamiliar with him.  However, once he faced Houston who was very familiar with him it was shell time.