• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The five reasons why Mike Trout will be an Angel for life.

The main readon wht Trput will be a lifetime Angel:

1.  The Angels have exclusive rights to negotiate with Trout for the next 3+ years.

2.  The Angels will make an offer he cant refuse

3.  The future looks brighter on the farm

4.  We are not far from competing despit our obvious weakness.  We are not perennial cellar dwellars.  We had tge best tecord in baseball in 2014.  If i am not mistaken we challenged for a playoff spot in 2013 and 2015.  Last two season we are not competing because of injuries.

43 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

All of his posts are debbie downer and very predictable. If an outsider didn't know I'm sure they wouldn't even think he was a fan, but just someone trolling. 

You never got a single praise outta him for the players or this team over the past few years. It's old and tired. Maybe he'll change his tune and start posting solid content in the future, but I'm done with his current act personally and I know several others are as well. 

Fair enough, your board, your rules

33 minutes ago, ettin said:

Claude's favorite new narrative is that the Angels will not be competitive until 2020 which, to be absolutely honest Claude, is complete nonsense. All you have to do is take one look at the Angels financial outlook starting this off-season and it becomes instantly clear that they will field a competent team in 2018 unless Moreno orders Eppler to cut salary significantly which Arte has NEVER done, he has only increased it consistently over the last 14 years.

It's honestly not that hard to believe. Many here argued with Calzone about when the angels would spend money again and many thought it was going to be this last offseason but it wasn't.

As long as Pujols is in the lineup everyday hitting 3rd or 4th it's truly tough to see this team being very competitive.

I really hope this is the offseason Arte opens up the check book again but I have my doubts. 

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I personally don't think the Angels will be competitive again until Albert retires and Scioscia is gone. I hope that doesn't get me on the restricted list.

This team is a total mess, in my opinion, and it will take quite some time to rebuild it. 

Don't be silly.

10 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

It's honestly not that hard to believe. Many here argued with Calzone about when the angels would spend money again and many thought it was going to be this last offseason but it wasn't.

As long as Pujols is in the lineup everyday hitting 3rd or 4th it's truly tough to see this team being very competitive.

I really hope this is the offseason Arte opens up the check book again but I have my doubts. 

It's going to be a long, slow nightmare as his OPS dips into the .500's but he stays up there in the batting order right behind Trout.

2 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Hopefully, opening up the checkbook means buying Albert out. Trout is getting the Bonds treatment because of who he's batting behind and ahead of. For example, Calhoun has had 47 at bats with RISP and 2 outs and is hitting .191. That's a lot of leading off for Trout. If Calhoun does manage to make it on base, they pitch around Trout to get to Albert. Trout has had 9 at bats with RISP and 2 outs!!! His On base percentage is .632!!! because they don't pitch to him because they know who's up next. Albert has had 45 at bats with RISP & 2 outs and has a Mathisesque OPS of .611 in such situations because he swings at practically every f'n pitch with RISP trying to pad his RBI numbers. Simmons should be hitting behind Trout.

5 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

Hopefully, opening up the checkbook means buying Albert out. Trout is getting the Bonds treatment because of who he's batting behind and ahead of. For example, Calhoun has had 47 at bats with RISP and 2 outs and is hitting .191. That's a lot of leading off for Trout. If Calhoun does manage to make it on base, they pitch around Trout to get to Albert. Trout has had 9 at bats with RISP and 2 outs!!! His On base percentage is .632!!! because they don't pitch to him because they know who's up next. Albert has had 45 at bats with RISP & 2 outs and has a Mathisesque OPS of .611 in such situations because he swings at practically every f'n pitch with RISP trying to pad his RBI numbers. Simmons should be hitting behind Trout.

MS would never flip flop Pujols and Simmons in the batting order. Still living in the past when it comes down to Pujols. People with common sense knows that Pujols is basically washed up at this point in his career. 

Heres the thing peeps, you cant go thru the wait on the farm patience plan and expect to keep Trout.   You have to put yourself in his place, if this team doesnt get back to relevance in the next couple years he will start packing.  any reasonable person of his caliber would.  Its happened over and over in every sport.  The great ones have to win.. not want to, need to.. it isnt enough to be a great player on a bad team.  
It isnt about money, or family or almost anything else... its about winning, plain and simple.  
If we dont, and i dont mean in 2020 or after, he will walk.  
If thats your plan you might as well trade him now.  

4 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

I'm not sure there were that many people who thought he'd spend this last off-season tbh (2016-2017). However in the previous off-season (2015-2016) I and others did think they would spend on a big free agent and yes you are correct they did not for probably a variety of reasons. Moreno did indicate that they would for the right guy but that never materialized.

Arte doesn't even have to open up his checkbook. As long as he maintains current spending levels the Angels will have a lot of AAV space. If he allows Eppler to go up to the CBT threshold they will have even more. If Arte actually gets crazy he will allow him to exceed it (but I'll believe that when I see it).

I seriously doubt Pujols will hit 3rd or 4th after this season. They will very likely discuss moving him down in the order to 5th or 6th moving forward but we'll believe that when we see it too. Albert knows he's not performing and the Angels will have a different lineup in 2018 which means a hard discussion is coming soon if Pujols doesn't show some life here in the 2nd half.

I have faith in Eppler.    The one unknown is that the payroll has been not far from the luxury tax threshold these past several years.   This off-season will be the first time since signing Pujols and Hackilton that significant payroll comes off the AAV payroll.   The question then is twofold.   1) Will Arte allow spending up to the luxury tax threshold sometime in these next two off-seasons?  2)  Will Arte be restrained enough to let Eppler and/or Scioscia control which players are scouted as additions?    

5 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

If Pujols is hitting 3rd or 4th next season, assuming he maintains his current production, I think it's pretty safe to say Scioscia is a psychopath.  

Some mild form of Asperger's or OCD are more likely candidates, but I'm no psychiatrist. Just speculatin'...

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

CALZONE has been put on AW's restricted list for the foreseeable future.

I don't have time for trolling against the team we all follow and are fans of. There is no difference between Claude's posts and a troll from another team trolling against the Halos.

Troll Daddy gets a pass because he at least roots for the team.  

:awesome-smiley-emoticon:

Lets be real, look at our roster, who would justify batting ahead of him?    You guys act like we have options that make sense, we really dont.  
Who are you going to put there?  
Escobar?  Most people here cant wait to show him the door or hope he wont be back for '18.  
Maybin same as above.  
Simmons may be hot right now but certainly no cleanup hitter.  
If we have Calhoun hitting cleanup we have much larger issues than i even thought.  I like the guy a lot but hes a 2 or a 5 at best, not your primary power guy. 
Until we fix that problem and have an answer to that question, there he will be if for no reason other than potential.  

Just now, hangin n wangin said:

Scioscia isn't even in charge of where he puts Pujols in the line up? What the hell does he do then?

Of course he is and if he does something like that when there are clearly better options, options that were acquired to do just that, then he needs one of his bosses to hold him accountable. 

37 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Of course he is and if he does something like that when there are clearly better options, options that were acquired to do just that, then he needs one of his bosses to hold him accountable. 

He does fill out the lineup card ... but it has been reported that Sosh and Eppler talk daily by phone or text. I would assume that Eppler is part of the decision making process. 

Floplag is correct about not being better options available. Although, I would not be surprised if they drop him down in the order this season.