• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The five reasons why Mike Trout will be an Angel for life.

On July 29, 2017 at 10:12 AM, playball89 said:

And it's true, Trout is everything to the Angels right now, he's the ticket seller.  If he's gone, you lose a huge portion of TV ad revenue,

Arte doesn't receive tv ad revenue, the tv network does. 

On 8/1/2017 at 9:51 AM, JACK said:

If an aging and declining Albert Puols is worth $254,000,000.00 and an injury prone drug addict , Josh Hamilton, is worth $150,000,000.00, then, what is a drug free, healthy Mike Trout worth in his PRIME?

I will be very interested in this number!

Add those 2 numbers and kick in another hundred million for 12 years.  Then Arte' can sell the team for $1 more than what the Doyers sold for a few years ago. 

On 7/29/2017 at 9:17 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Trout and his agent also asked the angels for a far longer contract than it eventually turned into.

The Dodgers, IMO, are the team to worry about, and for whatever reason people dont mention them.

Yup. In 2014 It was a massive mistake by the Angels to not lock up Trout with a 10-15 year contract.

Bingo, the Dodgers are a considerable threat to land Trout. Under the leadership of Andrew Friedman expect the Dodgers to appropriately manage financial resources to make major plays for Bryce Harper after 2018 and Trout after 2020.

At this rate Trout is likely looking at a $400 million deal after 2020 -- especially if Bryce Harper stays healthy and continues to rip. Boras will reset the top end of the market after 2018.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I had a dream last night that Pujols retired after this season to take on his front office duties for the Angels and he kicked back 2/3 of the remaining $$$ on his contract to lock his lil buddy Mike Trout up. 

So a wet dream then?

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I had a dream last night that Pujols retired after this season to take on his front office duties for the Angels and he kicked back 2/3 of the remaining $$$ on his contract to lock his lil buddy Mike Trout up. 

Funny, I had a dream about zombies.  Is that my subconscious mind telling me something about the Angels pitching staff?

18 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

Funny, I had a dream about zombies.  Is that my subconscious mind telling me something about the Angels pitching staff?

No you left your MP3 player on and the song "Zombie" came on by the Cronberries. :D

On 7/28/2017 at 7:58 AM, Inside Pitch said:

Your post is a direct rebuttal to what the OP said - you opened with "you're wrong on everything" and where he says "I think" when discussing what Mike Trout might be thinking you basically respond with "No" and proceed to state your opinion as a fact.  

To turn around and tell others not to respond to your opinion is laughable.  

FWIW -- I think Doc is right in that AP is likely to tell Mike to stay home ...  Ken Griffey Jr has gone on record as saying his Father had told him to stay home, and that no team's fans would ever show him the same level of affection as the team you first come up with.  Reggie Jackson has made similar comments.  Eddie Murray has on several occasions stated his biggest regret was leaving Baltimore.   It's a pretty common sentiment shared by players across many sports.

I won't speak as to what Mike Trout thinks.  I think anyone that speaks for him or claims to know what he's thinking is a complete tool.  What we do know about Mike Trout is that he's not the typical superstar.  He's driven and has an ego, but not driven by his ego -- at least that's the vibe he gives off.  He's clearly devoted to his family and home, that may or may not extend to what he views as his baseball family.  By most accounts, AP and Trout have a good relationship -- to the best of my knowledge Mike hasn't had issues with MS, and he's recently spoken of how much he likes Eppler and how he acts like a GM should.  I have no idea what Mike thinks of Arte, I can't offer an opinion other than I doubt the players question his desire to win. 

The Angels best chance to keep him long term is to make him believe they will contend. They need to show they have a plan, and that the plan involves going deep into the postseason.  IMO, they are best served by making Trout believe and cultivating their relationship with him.  Basically, they have a few years to make it as difficult as possible for Mike Trout to leave the only baseball "home" he's had.

Why mischaracterize what he said? He didn't say that at all. If you're going to give him shit about his act then fine but don't twist what is clearly stated otherwise. 

On 7/28/2017 at 6:20 AM, Stradling said:

Yep.  Like there's a single person here who thought he would have a different opinion.  He gets extra troll points for saying, "I think you're wrong on all point" as opposed to "I disagree on all points and here's why".  

lol wha?

Talk about hand wringing to make a point that isn't there. Jesus.

P.S. anyone who uses the new "reaction" list beyond a "like" is a 12yo girl.

25 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Newly added, a Debbie Downer "Reaction". Though since we already have a Trolling & Thumbs down that gets you a -1 demerit, I made the Debbie Downer one neutral. 

IMO, the negative reactions will only inflame discussions and is quite childish. You asked the board about doing something similar a while back and it was resoundingly knocked. 

2 hours ago, #CF8x said:

IMO, the negative reactions will only inflame discussions and is quite childish. You asked the board about doing something similar a while back and it was resoundingly knocked. 

There are three neutral, three positive and two negative reactions.

You have nothing to worry about if you just post and don't suck.

If I see people abuse it I can easily remove their ability individually to react to posts. It's that simple.