• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The five reasons why Mike Trout will be an Angel for life.

13 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

First of all Albert Pujols is not Trout's dad so please don't go there. Trout has an agent that clearly said that they were comfortable with the years in his current contract because it leaves his options open. I'm not saying that he won't sign an extension, I'm saying that he has put himself in a position with his performance and his current contract to do whatever he wants to do. Play wherever he wants to play. Live wherever he wants to live. He could even choose to be the next Barry Sanders (similar situation) and retire young, healthy and wealthy. Who knows what his fiancées thoughts are and how that will impact his decision. He's earned the right to make those decisions and he's mature enough to evaluate his own legacy. 

You bring this up all the time but ignore that Trout and his agent originally wanted a lifetime contract. 

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

You bring this up all the time but ignore that Trout and his agent originally wanted a lifetime contract. 

Which would mean he was completely comfortable staying his whole career.  The reason he doesn't bring that up is it ruins the narrative. 

Just now, CALZONE said:

First of all Albert Pujols is not Trout's dad so please don't go there. Trout has an agent that clearly said that they were comfortable with the years in his current contract because it leaves his options open. I'm not saying that he won't sign an extension, I'm saying that he has put himself in a position with his performance and his current contract to do whatever he wants to do. Play wherever he wants to play. Live wherever he wants to live. He could even choose to be the next Barry Sanders (similar situation) and retire young, healthy and wealthy. Who knows what his fiancées thoughts are and how that will impact his decision. He's earned the right to make those decisions and he's mature enough to evaluate his own legacy. 

FFS -- he doesn't need to be his Dad..   Stop being so damn dense.

I reference Griffey's comments not because it was his Dad that told him but because he realized his Father had been right -- it's the message not the messenger.  The fact that Reggie and others have made similar comments speaks to the strength of the actual argument not who it is that's saying it.   It's not a difficult concept it's just one that doesn't jive with your agenda and let's be real -- you are all about your agenda, not facts, not debate..  agenda.

BTW --You need not preach to me that he's earned the right to do what he wants ... nor do I need to be told his wife might influence his thoughts -- you don't need to because unlike yourself I have never claimed to KNOW what Mike Trout thinks, you've never seen me make unequivocal statements about what he will do or what he thinks like you are prone to do...   We all know what Mike's history is -- we all know what his career path is..  We all know where he ranks in baseball lore and where he could ultimate rank all time...  Stop acting like you've invented electricity while fiddling on your PC...

Mike will do what he wants to do..   We all know this -- you aren't treading into new territory here...   

1 minute ago, CALZONE said:

Which kinda makes this whole thread pointless. 

Does it?   Not even an hour ago you said this..  "Additionally I think it's a great topic to discuss so props to Doc and his opinion on the subject.".

The thread isn't pointless -- the topic isn't pointless..   Stating the obvious in every thread ...   That's pointless..    And yet, you can be counted on to do just that ..  over and over and over again.  

Please strive to be more than pointless... again.  It would be nice to have an actual baseball conversation with you ... again.

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Does it?   Not even an hour ago you said this..  "Additionally I think it's a great topic to discuss so props to Doc and his opinion on the subject.".

The thread isn't pointless -- the topic isn't pointless..   Stating the obvious in every thread ...   That's pointless..    And yet, you can be counted on to do just that ..  over and over and over again.  

Please strive to be more than pointless... again.  It would be nice to have an actual baseball conversation with you ... again.

Then discuss the topic and ignore my opinion. This thread is about Trout and I gave my opinion. Aren't we allowed to do that? I didn't attack Doc or call Trout an a-hole. I believe I was respectful and kept it to the subject matter. Geez you guys like to bark. 

1 minute ago, Curse of the Wonderdog said:

Trout is gonna leave. Get over it. He'll go somewhere that is a perennial playoff powerhouse, and he will put up legendary October stats, win some rings, and go down as the greatest ever.

None of that will happen in Anaheim.

...and which of the major league teams is "a perennial playoff powerhouse"? The Giants come closest to that description with three recent WS titles, but they currently have the second worst record in baseball. The Yankees haven't won a title since 2009. Boston and St. Louis are the only other teams with multiple titles since 2001.

9 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Then discuss the topic and ignore my opinion. This thread is about Trout and I gave my opinion. Aren't we allowed to do that? I didn't attack Doc or call Trout an a-hole. I believe I was respectful and kept it to the subject matter. Geez you guys like to bark. 

I responded to the Trout portion previously.

I have responded to your post exactly as you say you did Doc's.   You called the thread pointless..  I disagreed, I further showed you were you had just contradicted yourself and I gave you my opinion of what I deem pointless.  I'm sorry if you didn't like my opinion ... but ...  I'm allowed right?

Geesh you like to bitch...   

Ultimately, I think if Mike hits free agency, there will be comparable money from multiple teams so his decision will come down to where he has the best chance to win.  

To me, that's the most important part of how we will get him to stay.  Improvement next year with a winning season in 2019.  Shaking on the injury bug for our young pitchers will go a long way in determining whether that will happen.  

My gut tells me that he'll be looking for reasons to stay as opposed to finding reasons to leave.  

4 hours ago, CALZONE said:

I honestly think you're wrong on all five points. 

5) He's marrying his high school sweetheart, not his mom. Both of their families are from the same town. He's a Philadelphia fan of basketball and football and hockey. He's east coast but playing in Fenway or Yankee Stadium or Camden Yard doesn't necessarily mean he's playing at home. 

4) We've been saying that for years. The farm won't correct itself in two years when Trout will be entering his contract year. We don't even have an Ace pitcher in place or well established closer. How good will Calhoun and Pujols be in 3 years? Oh and Scioscia will be gone so Albert won't be as comfortable as he normally is. 

3) Sure Arte will be in the mix but he'll be competing with other teams that will be willing to pay him more. 

2) Albert Pujols is not his agent, not his lawyer, he doesn't cook for him or sleep with him. Albert still makes his winter home in Kansas City. Albert is going to tell Trout to do whatever is best for his family because that's what he did. The State of California isn't all that anymore. And Angels Stadium is way outdated. 

1) Mike Trout has spent his whole life preparing to be the best baseball player in the world and he is. That also means that he was preparing to win on the big stage, tradition, history, national exposure, playoffs, world series, Mr. October, not Miss October. To think that he'll be happy flirting with the wild cards every year is a huge mistake. They've continuously failed to put a winning team around him and it's stunning that the best player in the world has only 3 measly playoff games to his name. He's playing in a pitchers park with a ton of underachieving teammates while other younger teams are thriving with continuous playoff excitement. There's way too much at stake for Trout to commit to the Angels with the whole baseball world that available to him. 

You legitimately come into every single thread and piss on any positivity. 

How do do you even consider yourself a fan of this team? You do realize it's a game and there really is no reason to be so god damn negative all the time? 

9 minutes ago, TroutField said:

You legitimately come into every single thread and piss on any positivity. 

How do do you even consider yourself a fan of this team? You do realize it's a game and there really is no reason to be so god damn negative all the time? 

CALZONE has been put on AW's restricted list for the foreseeable future.

I don't have time for trolling against the team we all follow and are fans of. There is no difference between Claude's posts and a troll from another team trolling against the Halos.

Troll Daddy gets a pass because he at least roots for the team.  

Hi @Dochalo, I really agree with your 5 points on why Trout will end up being a lifer Angel. 

This was too good not to share with a broader audience so I posted it on our Blog which reaches our social media platforms as well.

http://thesportsdaily.com/angels-win/five-reasons-why-mike-trout-will-be-an-angel-for-life/

12 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Don't get the Calzone hate. It'd be different if he was always wrong but in the end he's usually right.

All of his posts are debbie downer and very predictable. If an outsider didn't know I'm sure they wouldn't even think he was a fan, but just someone trolling. 

You never got a single praise outta him for the players or this team over the past few years. It's old and tired. Maybe he'll change his tune and start posting solid content in the future, but I'm done with his current act personally and I know several others are as well. 

I think there's a good chance of Trout remaining an Angel though the odds are he won't. There are far fewer players that stay their entire career with one club these days as opposed to the past when it was more common. One point that I think is very valid is what Albert might advise Trout to do if asked. In hindsight I'd bet that Albert wishes he had stayed with the Cardinals. Had Albert come here and had a couple of HOF seasons he might think different but he's struggled in many ways since the very beginning. I have no doubt that Albert is beloved in St. Louis but the same can't be said here because many people believe, right or wrong, that his contract was a bad one for the Angels and that Albert was rewarded for his past performance elsewhere.

Another valid point for Trout wishing to play his entire career here was that apparently there was talk of a lifetime contract! I seriously doubt that this would even be discussed if Trout didn't like it here.

Hopefully we the Angel fans will have another 10/15 years of fun watching Mike Trout play baseball for our favorite team!  

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Dude is a broken record.  Same talking points over and over because well.  agenda...

Claude's favorite new narrative is that the Angels will not be competitive until 2020 which, to be absolutely honest Claude, is complete nonsense. All you have to do is take one look at the Angels financial outlook starting this off-season and it becomes instantly clear that they will field a competent team in 2018 unless Moreno orders Eppler to cut salary significantly which Arte has NEVER done, he has only increased it consistently over the last 14 years.