• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The five reasons why Mike Trout will be an Angel for life.

42 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Do you let Trout become a free agent and hope he signs or trade him before it comes down to that? 

You know Trout would be happy wearing a Phillies uni ... I think it comes down to them or us and not necessarily about money. 

You sign him before at all costs.

If our farm system was barren, much like it was a couple years ago and this was Trout's final year and he already turned down several good offers for a contract extension, I would gut some team's farm system for top talent and trade him. I wouldn't take the risk in losing him for nothing. That would be dumb IMO.

I still think he's going to stay here for the remainder of his career though, much like Salmon, Ripken and Jeter. 

23 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

He lives in Laguna with his soon to be wife...she's quickly becoming an OC girl. No way he goes back to the east coast.

The center fielder does not plan to go far. BuzzFeed reported Trout will be moving to a 300-acre property just minutes from his parents’ home in southern New Jersey.

Via BuzzFeed:

“It’s just where he wants to be,” Trout’s father, Jeff Trout, said. “He’s a family guy. He loves his [three-legged] dog. He’s close with his mother. He has a great group of friends here he’s had since he was a little kid. He’s very tight with his brother and sister and he loves his niece and nephew. He grew up fishing and hunting and clamming these woods and these waters.”

FoxSports.com

34 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

The center fielder does not plan to go far. BuzzFeed reported Trout will be moving to a 300-acre property just minutes from his parents’ home in southern New Jersey.

Via BuzzFeed:

“It’s just where he wants to be,” Trout’s father, Jeff Trout, said. “He’s a family guy. He loves his [three-legged] dog. He’s close with his mother. He has a great group of friends here he’s had since he was a little kid. He’s very tight with his brother and sister and he loves his niece and nephew. He grew up fishing and hunting and clamming these woods and these waters.”

FoxSports.com

It's not uncommon that a player has a house close to where he grew up and if far away from his hometown, a house there for the season and to get away from the weather on the east coast during the harsh winter months. 

23 hours ago, #CF8x said:

lol wha?

Talk about hand wringing to make a point that isn't there. Jesus.

P.S. anyone who uses the new "reaction" list beyond a "like" is a 12yo girl.

You know everyone is going to give you a non-like reaction now right? :D

19 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Trout has probably contributed not much less basketball to Philadelphia, than former #1 overall NBA draft pick and currently oft injured Sixers' center Nerlens Noel.

You thinking Embiid, taken 5th? Or Okafor taken 3rd?

9 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

You thinking Embiid, taken 5th? Or Okafor taken 3rd?

All 3 actually, talk about a franchise being jinxed?

Noel does go to the head of the class, having played 118 games the past 2 seasons (missing 46).

Okafor is next, having played 103 games the past 2 seasons (missing 61).

Embiid has played a whopping 31 games in 3 seasons. 

37 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

He lives in Laguna with his soon to be wife...she's quickly becoming an OC girl. No way he goes back to the east coast.

Live where you must!.... But, you can also call the Mid West your place of employment while teaming up with a group of young players to form a "Dream Team" scenario in a larger market.

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I wouldnt go that far. But yes, she, mike, his brother etc love it out here...may not mean much when its crunch time, but fingers crossed.

I still say watch out for the dogs...

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

You sign him before at all costs.

If our farm system was barren, much like it was a couple years ago and this was Trout's final year and he already turned down several good offers for a contract extension, I would gut some team's farm system for top talent and trade him. I wouldn't take the risk in losing him for nothing. That would be dumb IMO.

I still think he's going to stay here for the remainder of his career though, much like Salmon, Ripken and Jeter. 

With our luck, when its time to trade trout for prospects in his wlak year, the only teams who could use him for the playoff push will have crap farms.

• 1 year later...
On 7/28/2017 at 2:00 AM, Dochalo said:

5.  Most baseball players don't run home to mommy - There is quite a bit of hoopla around Trout being from the east coast.  So what.  Most players are on a team that isn't close to their home town.  Even after they've hit free agency.  Especially superstars.  A lot of them chase the money.  But otherwise they chase wins.  The distraction of being at 'home' can actually be a detriment.  For a superstar like Trout, it certainly seems like it could be.  

4.  We're gonna be good - We'll win a wild card spot in 2019 and we'll win the division in 2020.  You heard it here first

3.  Arte will pay him - there won't be shenanigans.  When it comes time, Arte will back up the truck and give him enough to where becoming a free agent won't even be something he will consider

2.  Albert Pujols - yes.  Albert Pujols, but not for the reason you think I mean.  Albert should have stayed in St. Louis.  He was beloved by the fans and when you are a declining superstar, that's important.  Why?  It's called grace.  It the reason why David Price hates Boston.  Or any other free agent isn't as happy as where they were when they came to the bigs.  He'll impart this on Mike. If Albert is worth anything over the next 4 years, it will be this.  

1.  Mike Trout want to win HERE.  Most players want to win with the team they've been with.  Not all, but I think Mike does.  Because of numbers 2-5 and because he's loyal.  He wasn't the the top pick in the draft.  The Angels believed in him and he will return the favor.  Money and wins need to a be a non issue and they will be.  He has no loyalty to the phillies or yanks or any any other teams.  So if you remove all the other variables, he will stay.  

A pleasant shoutout to Dochalo. I was clearly wrong and he nailed it. Best wishes to all of the @ngelswin family. The news of Mike Trout signing a lifetime deal is pretty special. 

Cheers everyone!

Claude

5 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

A pleasant shoutout to Dochalo. I was clearly wrong and he nailed it. Best wishes to all of the @ngelswin family. The news of Mike Trout signing a lifetime deal is pretty special. 

Cheers everyone!

Claude

But now that you are back, there's not enough space left on Albert Pujols couch or mine for you to shit on, so stay focused and clench your butthole when you feel the urge to go. 

GO ANGELS! 

On 7/29/2017 at 9:17 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

The Dodgers, IMO, are the team to worry about, and for whatever reason people dont mention them. (Its always phillies or yankees). The reason i say that is the whole "hes an east coast guy" is kind of BS. California grew on him and his family quick. That doesnt mean much if anything. But he is very happy living where he is now. 

20190319_152446.jpg

On July 28, 2017 at 4:55 AM, Ohtaniland said:

I honestly think you're wrong on all five points. 

5) He's marrying his high school sweetheart, not his mom. Both of their families are from the same town. He's a Philadelphia fan of basketball and football and hockey. He's east coast but playing in Fenway or Yankee Stadium or Camden Yard doesn't necessarily mean he's playing at home. 

4) We've been saying that for years. The farm won't correct itself in two years when Trout will be entering his contract year. We don't even have an Ace pitcher in place or well established closer. How good will Calhoun and Pujols be in 3 years? Oh and Scioscia will be gone so Albert won't be as comfortable as he normally is. 

3) Sure Arte will be in the mix but he'll be competing with other teams that will be willing to pay him more. 

2) Albert Pujols is not his agent, not his lawyer, he doesn't cook for him or sleep with him. Albert still makes his winter home in Kansas City. Albert is going to tell Trout to do whatever is best for his family because that's what he did. The State of California isn't all that anymore. And Angels Stadium is way outdated. 

1) Mike Trout has spent his whole life preparing to be the best baseball player in the world and he is. That also means that he was preparing to win on the big stage, tradition, history, national exposure, playoffs, world series, Mr. October, not Miss October. To think that he'll be happy flirting with the wild cards every year is a huge mistake. They've continuously failed to put a winning team around him and it's stunning that the best player in the world has only 3 measly playoff games to his name. He's playing in a pitchers park with a ton of underachieving teammates while other younger teams are thriving with continuous playoff excitement. There's way too much at stake for Trout to commit to the Angels with the whole baseball world that available to him. 

i agree 

On 3/19/2019 at 11:05 AM, Stradling said:

This is a great thread.  Well done Doc.

thanks!

#6 would have been his interest in the farm system.  I didn't know about this until recently.  To me this means he was in all along.  Not that it guaranteed he'd stay, but that he bought into the process.  If we had a terrible farm, I actually think he'd have waited longer to find out where it was going.  But the fact that Billy has been able to do what he's done with the farm in such a short period ended up being extremely important.