• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who's in?

T.G.

I hate losing.  I'm as frustrated as anyone and yet I haven't missed going to a home game yet this season.  I've been reading all the rants and quite frankly - I just want to know who's still in this thing.  I know you're out there.  I know that even though you're frustrated, you're not going anywhere and I'd just like to see you stand up and be counted in this thread.

This isn't life or death stuff... it's baseball, but if you love baseball like I love baseball, then you probably want a place where you can rally around others.  This thread is it.

I know (boy do I know) - there will be many who will try to rain on this parade - but that's ok. 

If you're like me - you haven't responded to all the negativity and quite frankly some of the nonsense because you know it's pointless.  And yet... you want to be heard... you want to express yourself and let everyone know that you're still here to watch and cheer and not disappear.  You don't have to suffer in silence. 

I want to be surrounded by others who aren't giving up and not so bent on pointing fingers.  There's plenty of other places to do that, but here; in this thread - it's about rallying together.  It's about ignoring the crap and focusing on the games.  We embrace the "one game at a time" mentality and we're proud of it.  We're willing to turn the page rather than relive it over and over again.

I know you're out there.  Who's with me?

You know the saying... "Misery loves company..."  Doesn't hold water with me.  I'd rather surround myself with people who have a positive outlook.

The "one game at a time" mentality is fantasy at best. 

There's no way for players (or fans) to compartmentalize the atrocious start to the 2013 season, and then start a new day pretending none of that happened.  Winning feels good so the opposite would have to feel bad, and it does.  I don't think it's helpful to whitewash their failures because you're deceiving yourself if you do.

As awful as this is, the Angels won't be this bad forever.  They might turn things around next week, next month, or it might take five years.  Who knows. 

I hope the Angels win every game that I watch them play.  Doesn't look good right now.  But I can still hope they win every game I watch them play.  

I still get excited when TnT does well, and just wish there was a good way to put a P or B and make a cool nickname with TnT.  

I posted a thread earlier that I needed to take a break.  To me, that break was decreasing my emotional investment in every game, inning, at bat, pitch.  I was letting a game affect my mood and therefore my life.  Shame on me. 

I'm still in. Yet I refuse to let it affect me the way it was.  I have been watching and cheering and commenting and staying involved, but I now have zero problem turning the channel and doing something else. 

I am also less inclined to spend hard earned money on actually attending a game. 

I still watch for one very simple reason:

Its still Baseball, and its still a beautiful game (well for every opposing team but i digress), the games which we do win, things will go right, and everything will click, and for one night, the Angels will have played a good game.

All of us Angels fans who were fans before 2002 know what its like to be rooting for a team that was most famous up until then for a movie featuring Danny Glover, and Joseph Gordon Levitt, and we knew that most seasons would end in disappointment.

I watched when we would finish in last place, I watched when the Mariners beat us in the one game playoff, and I will watch this year, even if we end up in last place. I'll bitch and moan and crack Fat Trout jokes, but I still love this team more then any other professional sports team.

I'll be on this board and watching almost every game I can. As for going to the park, not likely. That's a lot of money to spend on some embarrassing baseball. I have zero expectation that they even get within 15 games of the wild card spot. With all that, I still enjoy baseball.

I am, and will always be, IN. I too, enjoy being around positive people. I have learned that negative people tend to have a victim mentality, and that doesn't sit well with me. Your optimism is certainly appreciated. You will not receive any emotional, snap judgments from me and GO HALOS!!!

I'll keep watching games every night and I'll even go to a few more games this year too, but this season is over.  The Angels now have to win OVER 65% of the rest of the games just to hit 90 wins.

Not. Going. To. Happen.