• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who's in?

T.G.

Always have been and always will be an Angels fan, never going to change. I'll still wear my angels gear proudly because all this losing just makes the winning seasons so much better... It's frustrating as all hell, but I watch every game I can and look at the score throughout work. I sometimes ask myself why I torture myself but that's my team, only other Angel fans will understand.

I also love this team. I have since I was 9 years old, back in 1978, and that will never change. I also innately knew that they were terrible this year, and were a very eclectic mish-mash of personalities and skill levels. I never bought in this Winter, even when everything was looking unbelievably positive after the Hamilton signing, I don't know why, I just felt it. As such, I'm not as bummed as I normally would be with how horrible they are, and it has seriously lowered the overall stress in my life, in comparison to most seasons (even good ones). I normally make a trip to Anaheim at least once a year to catch a series, hit the beach, and get my SoCal vibe on, but I'm not going this year. The only thing that will sway me is my daughter bugging the crap out of me to get her Trout fix. I'm not going to come on here and bash the team anymore (I rarely did anyways), because I really don't give a shit, completely ambivalent. That is something I (or anybody who has ever known me) never, ever thought I would say. As far as being 'in', I'll still watch when I can, but I am really really lamenting the $200 I spent on MLB Extra Innings this year.

I'm still in. I'll watch/go to as many games as possible just like I always have. If they continue to play this bad I'll be able to buy cheap tickets and just walk down to the front like I used to pre-2002. I love the stadium, the smell of the grass and all that is baseball.

It's like a line Jason Lee says in Vanilla Sky: "Just remember, the sweet is never as sweet without the sour..."

Both my boyfriend and I still watch it through the torture. I might not be as emotionally invested as I would normally be, I'll always believe with all my heart that it can go from bad to good and vice versa at any point. But the less energy I put towards not letting myself get too upset is just better for my over all mood. My boyfriend is more crushed, being a long time fan, he thought this would finally be the time for the Angels to shine for more than just a season.

I get that the negativity isn't ideal, but you have to be realistic. Focus on the other parts, don't just have yourself believe the lie of "taking one game at a time". No need to be delusional and make it worse. Hopefully I can get some cheap tickets in the next coming games, and take my brothers so they can understand the game a little more and see why even when times are tough, baseball is still a beautiful thing.

I only watch/attend games on the weekends. I work Monday-Friday and the games are over by the time I get home. The one game I was able to catch during the week was that extra innings game vs. Oakland.

I appreciate your stance. And I wish I could do this. However, it's impossible for me to ignore the crap when I am focused on the games because the games themselves feature crap, reflected in the final scores.

Also, I'd love to be able to turn the page, but they won't let me. The next page reads exactly like the previous one, 22 times now. We ARE re-living it over and over, night after night, like a tormenting baseball version of Groundhog Day.

I wish they would stop torturing me and many of you.

......It's about ignoring the crap and focusing on the games.....We're willing to turn the page rather than relive it over and over again....