• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cowart promoted

Scott34

7 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Will never understand to love for Cowart. He has been a big time bust for the Angels.

That was 2013-2014 Cowart in AA, after he changed his swing and before he changed it back to the original swing.   The Cowart since June 2015 knows how to get on base, and while not a HR hitter will produce enough XBH's.   And he is very good defensively and on the bases.   Definitely, Cowart >>> Pennington >>> Espinohitsa >>> Franklin.

He may not be the ultimate solution, but at least give him the rest of 2017 to see if so.   If he is, one less position to fix for 2018.  

18 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I hope he doesn't realize that this is his shot. The organization has been pretty hesitant to give him chances before now, and a slip up here probably means the Angels will look outside the organization for the next guy.

In the organizations defense, he wasn't ready two years ago, he was a struggling 3rd baseman that they had to send back to A Ball to get his confidence back up.  There was even talk about him going back to pitching.  Then the Angels acquired Escobar and they were content with his bat in the line up, mainly because we had few lead off options.  The last few months have been the only time he absolutely should have been called up.  But even that isn't all that accurate because he needs to play everyday and the team needed to make sure Espinosa was a lost cause.  And this is coming from a guy that has been on the Cowart side of this last year and all of this year.   

11 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Will never understand to love for Cowart. He has been a big time bust for the Angels.

Who loves him?  I am one of his biggest supporters on here and even I said I would trade him to get a guy like Gordon. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

In the organizations defense, he wasn't ready two years ago, he was a struggling 3rd baseman that they had to send back to A Ball to get his confidence back up.  There was even talk about him going back to pitching.  Then the Angels acquired Escobar and they were content with his bat in the line up, mainly because we had few lead off options.  The last few months have been the only time he absolutely should have been called up.  But even that isn't all that accurate because he needs to play everyday and the team needed to make sure Espinosa was a lost cause.  And this is coming from a guy that has been on the Cowart side of this last year and all of this year.   

I agree, but there have also been times where he made sense as a short term call up and it hasn't happened. I don't think these have been the wrong decisions either, only that he had played himself into the conversation and for various reasons has been passed over. 

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I agree, but there have also been times where he made sense as a short term call up and it hasn't happened. I don't think these have been the wrong decisions either, only that he had played himself into the conversation and for various reasons has been passed over. 

He is just now learning 2nd base.  But I completely agree that he should have been our everyday third baseman whenever Escobar hit the DL. 

Just now, DMVol said:

Wonder if the corresponding move could be an Escobar trade?....Probably not....

I can't think of anywhere Escobar could land after the Red Sox just called up their top prospect to play 3B. 

Unless Devers completely sucks ass over the next week.

6 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

Cowart at 2b rest of the season and Cron at 1b rest of the season. Time to see who can / can't play.We don't have much to lose this season.

Came here to say this. Worst case is it lets us know that we have a lot of parts to fill, and maybe we should aim for 2019. Best case and all we need is to fill a couple holes, and maybe shell out big money for an ace, and really make a run next year. Either way, at least we will know what to do.